What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Forrest Gump -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Blu-ray is like a box of chocolates.

Pop a disc into your player and you never know...

Fortunately for the Best Picture of 1994 (in addition to Actor in a Lead Role, Directing, Film Editing, Visual Effect and Writing), Forrest Gump raises the average of Paramount's Sapphire Series to a rousing 66.6%.

Like the earlier released Blu-ray of Braveheart, Forrest Gump is a Blu-ray treasure, with both visual and aural elements beautifully rendered.

This is a film that should need no review for content, as its past history speaks for itself.

Wonderful Blu-ray.

Great film.

Hopefully the next Sapphire release will bring the average up to 75%, and those following on a continuing upward climb.

Highly Recommended.

RAH

I got the chocolate box. The box is smaller than similar ones and is a nice little conversation piece. Love the net weight and nutritional information! Also think that the real feather with the quote above it is nice. As for the transfer, it looks and sounds incredible.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
I neglected to note that FG comes with a $10 rebate for those who purchased the SD version. Makes an upgrade painless.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Originally Posted by Robert Harris

Blu-ray is like a box of chocolates.

Pop a disc into your player and you never know...

Fortunately for the Best Picture of 1994 (in addition to Actor in a Lead Role, Directing, Film Editing, Visual Effect and Writing), Forrest Gump raises the average of Paramount's Sapphire Series to a rousing 66.6%.

Like the earlier released Blu-ray of Braveheart, Forrest Gump is a Blu-ray treasure, with both visual and aural elements beautifully rendered.

This is a film that should need no review for content, as its past history speaks for itself.

Wonderful Blu-ray.

Great film.

Hopefully the next Sapphire release will bring the average up to 75%, and those following on a continuing upward climb.

Highly Recommended.

RAH
I love this review. Well written and informative (with a little bit of math thrown in for the stat lover in us all). Thanks, RAH.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by Craig_Ehr ">[/url]

That's a bit like stacking the deck there, ain't it Robert? Well, considering which two noteworthy films have been recently announced as being taken from their currently released trilogy set and re-released individually under the "Sapphire" umbrella...

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
What are they rereleasing???? I hope it is not The Godfather and The Godfather part 2. I have to rebuy them again?.

I was waiting for you review Robert, as I pre ordered Gump and I picked it up before any reviews came out. But when I watched it I knew it was not Gladiator. Great transfer. It has been awhile since I saw it in the theater and I forgot how much period detail was in the background (the Godspell posters on the building outside of the Dick Cavett show).

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Indeed they may.

So, why would you have to rebuy them again?

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr
Originally Posted by Brian Husar

What are they rereleasing???? I hope it is not The Godfather and The Godfather part 2. I have to rebuy them again?.
My understanding is that both GF I and II will just be the same discs as released in the box, only available separately now. The bonus features are still on the final disc in that set which won't be available outside the box.

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by cafink

Indeed they may.
So, why would you have to rebuy them again?

I am one of those suckers that rebuys everything. I think I may now be coming to my senses after this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks