1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Eating Raoul -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Supporter

Robert Harris
    Paul Bartel's over the top, cult hit, Eating Raoul is making its Blu-ray debut via Criterion, and the results of their work are splendid.

Scanned in 2k, from the camera original, the image is perfect. Keep in mind that this is a very low budget film, but within that arena it looks precisely as it should.

Color, density, shadow detail, grain, all fall at the correct levels. Audio, in its original monaural format, has been derived from the original mag tracks.

Not for all tastes. But if you know what you're getting into, an overall pleasurable, and differently odd, experience.

Image - 5

Audio - 5

Recommended.

RAH

2. Moe Dickstein

Moe Dickstein Filmmaker

T R Wilkinson
    Very much looking forward to this one, as I've always been a fan of Bartel as an actor, but haven't yet experienced one of his films...

3. TheVid

TheVid Stunt Coordinator

Got this one during the recent half-price Criterion sale, and it's good to hear the transfer is great. I haven't seen this one since it was first released on video, so a new high-definition Criterion transfer will probably be like watching it anew.

4. Oblivion138

Oblivion138 Second Unit

James O'Blivion
    I was thrilled with how wonderful this looked and sounded after the fairly awful releases on previous formats.