What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Easter Parade -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
I also had emailed Warners re this - and have had an email saying that my replacement disc has been shipped. Since I live in the UK, it is good of Warners to honour the replacement. Appreciated! Thanks to Sherri Bogard at WB Customer Service! Alistair

Reactions: PMF

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
Well, my replacement disc arrived here a couple of days ago. It is a DVD - and looks similar to the second disc in the original 2 DVD set - except that it only contains the "By Myself" documentary - and none of the other extras that were originally on that disc.
Good to have the documentary though - I can now get rid of my old DVD set! And good service from Warners Customer Service too - thanks Sherri!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping if I waited long enough Warner would correct the missing documentary problem in the actual packaging of the blu ray. I ordered Easter Parade from the WBshop and just received it. It is still missing the documentary. I followed this thread and sent an e-mail to customer service today. Hopefully they are still mailing the DVD with the missing documentary.

• Agreed

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Well, it's lucky I held onto the original DVD package with the doco as Warners would most certainly not ship that DVD to Australia!
I was going to ask if there was any chance of getting a copy, but now that I know it's only a DVD and not a Blu ray transfer, I'll forget it. Great doco; wish it had been given the Blu ray treatment!

• Agreed

Doug Otte

Supporting Actor
Garysb said:
I was hoping if I waited long enough Warner would correct the missing documentary problem in the actual packaging of the blu ray. I ordered Easter Parade from the WBshop and just received it. It is still missing the documentary. I followed this thread and sent an e-mail to customer service today. Hopefully they are still mailing the DVD with the missing documentary.
When I ordered mine from Amazon on 5/22/2013, I got the fixed edition.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Not sure what is going to happen with my disc. They replied to my e-mail saying they didn't know what I was talking about and suggested I call customer service. I called CS who also didn't know what I was talking about as apparently they don't mention the extras on their website for the blu ray. She asked advice from her supervisor who said to "bump it up" meaning someone above the supervisor has to decide if they will send a replacement disc or give me some type of discount since the documentary is missing. They were very pleasant and are trying to help so no complaints. The saddest thing was the CS rep didn't know who Fred Astaire was and pronounced his name very strangely.

Thanks Doug for the info. If I have the option to return the disc for refund, I will try reordering from Amazon.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Thank you Retro Guy who provided a link to customer service at WarnerBros.com.
http://www.warnerbros.com/help/customer-service.html

They responded by e-mail and will send me a replacement disc which I assume will be the documentary on DVD. This customer service worked better than the customer service at wbshop.com through the wbshop.com site. I didn't know there was a difference between the two. Perhaps I just finally reached someone who was familiar with the problem.

bryan4999

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bryan Forbes
Had friends over to watch this blu-ray this afternoon. Projected at 100". Unanimous raves. Talent, accomplishment, craftsmanship. And good taste. What a delight. We are about to have dinner with Ella singing Irving Berlin.

How marvelous to live in a time when these classics are available to be shown in such pristine form in a dark room on a large screen looking terrific.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
bryan4999 said:
Had friends over to watch this blu-ray this afternoon. Projected at 100". Unanimous raves. Talent, accomplishment, craftsmanship. And good taste. What a delight. We are about to have dinner with Ella singing Irving Berlin.

How marvelous to live in a time when these classics are available to be shown in such pristine form in a dark room on a large screen looking terrific.
Watched it this morning. We won't see the like of Judy or Fred in this lifetime.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Well, yes we will, in MY lifetime at least ... thanks to Blu ray!
After reading this, I've decided it's time to give Easter Parade another spin, tomorrow night, on my 120 inch projection screen.
It's either that or Kiss Me Kate -- or should I wait for that to be released on Blu ray?
There are so many great movies I'm deferring watching again, thinking I'll wait for Blu ray in case an extra standard-DVD viewing just takes the edge of the experience. 'Tom Jones' is another example. My wife keeps asking for it, and I keep saying 'it's out on Blu ray soon' -- though I'm gradually losing hope of that....

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Lawford was MGM's pin-up boy du jour thanks to his smashing success in Good News - made and released one year before Easter Parade. I don't mind him in EP, as he seems as superficial and grating as Ann Miller's Broadway diva - and, in fact, the perfect mate for his fictional counterpart. With very few exceptions, Lawford's MGM tenure was in service to other 'bigger' stars - usually cast as the amiable stud on the side who - wait for it - gets the girl - not the lead, but the second string who has been pining away for him. I think for what he was, he made out alright in the end. He's great in the aforementioned movies, and truly funny in Advise and Consent. Dead Ringer, he's a real bastard. He's barely in The White Cliffs of Dover - a wonderful wartime weepy that needs more play time. Wish the Warner Archive would do a Blu of this one - and Good News!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Peter Lawford was the opposite of ambitious in terms of show business. He knew he had good looks and a continental manner and just enough acting ability to hang with the greats without being one himself. That was probably enough for him.

• Agreed

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Anyone keenly interested in Peter Lawford's career at MGM, must, absolutely must, watch On An Island With You where he plays a romantic leading man who in today's terms is a highly suspect stalker!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
A definite upgrade on blu ray over the DVD. I just wish the disc that contained the Judy Garland trailers of some of her other films was included like it was in the DVD set.

• Agreed

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
In just discovering this thread, I noted that RAH’s review was written back in February of 2013. Well, gee, that’s a good two years before I had joined HTF. In my scrolling further down to read the posts, I was taken by the fact that; short of one guest; I had come to know or recognize each and every poster. Not a stranger in the lot. I did a double-take and re-checked the original posting date; as it felt as if I was reading the responses to something that was posted from just this past weekend.

Can’t explain it, but it left me feeling pretty good.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Oh, by the way, any bets on which BD I’m buying, today?:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks