What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Clue -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Paramount's Clue (1985), directed by Jonathan Lynn (My Cousin Vinny) appears to be a recent scan that exposes grain structure, which supports a quality, fully resolved image.

An always enjoyable film, that has more going on beneath the surface than one might imagine.

Was it the first production to be based upon a board game?

This is one of those films that gives you the feeling the cast is having a great time.

Excellent color, shadow detail and overall stability to the image.

Image - 4

Audio - 4

With three different ending available for your perusal.

Recommended.

RAH

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Glad to see a positive review for this blu-ray.
I'm hearing they want to remake this movie and we are also getting a Monopoly, Risk and Candyland films in the distant future.
First video games and comics and now all board game properties are being bought up.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
I dearly love this film and have been looking forward to this release. The only problem with it is that I have to remember not to say all the lines when watching it with others...
Flames... Flames...

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
JohnS said:
Glad to see a positive review for this blu-ray.
I'm hearing they want to remake this movie and we are also getting a Monopoly, Risk and Candyland films in the distant future.
First video games and comics and now all board game properties are being bought up.
(Well, that was Hasbro, feeling their oats after the Transformers sequels, but that was a lot of cheap braggadocio talk way back BEFORE someone sank their You-Know-What...) ;)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Not to stray from the Blu-ray talk, but...
As a reminder, the 100th episode of Psych will be a Clue episode inspired by the movie Clue.
They built a mansion set just for this epsiode.
And it will star.
Christopher Lloyd (Professor Plum), Martin Mull (Colonel Mustard) and Lesley Ann Warren (Miss Scarlet) all have important parts to play on Psych -- although they will not be reprising their Clue roles exactly.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by JohnS /t/322771/a-few-words-about-clue-in-blu-ray#post_3958044
Not to stray from the Blu-ray talk, but...
As a reminder, the 100th episode of Psych will be a Clue episode inspired by the movie Clue.
They built a mansion set just for this epsiode.
And it will star.
Christopher Lloyd (Professor Plum), Martin Mull (Colonel Mustard) and Lesley Ann Warren (Miss Scarlet) all have important parts to play on Psych -- although they will not be reprising their Clue roles exactly.
Very cool! Psych has kind of run its course for me. I watch it when there is nothing else on the DVR, but i will check this episode out!

Escapay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Gutierrez
I hope it's as good as their "Twin Peaks" episode from a couple years ago! Looking forward to it!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I watched Clue last night and thought the transfer looked excellent.
I have no idea what some of those negative reviews were seeing.
That's the best I've seen Clue look.
Well worth the $19.99 I paid.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Thanks Robert! I'm going to wait for a price break on this one!

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
Wish I could find this in a brick-and-mortar store. I've checked just about everywhere, but no one seems to be stocking it. :(

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I would of liked to see some special features beside the trailer and three different endings, I'm sure that Paramount could of gotten in touch will all the cast; since all are alive, except the late Madeline Kahn, and interview them and record a commentary.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
darkrock17 said:
I would of liked to see some special features beside the trailer and three different endings, I'm sure that Paramount could of gotten in touch will all the cast; since all are alive, except the late Madeline Kahn, and interview them and record a commentary.
100% agreed.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
darkrock17 said:
Especially when Jonathan Lynn came out in 2010 to the 25th anniversary screening in San Francisco and did a Q&A and talked about the 4th ending. (Find it on youtube) also the singing telegram girl and the cook also came out to the screening.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
JohnS said:
Especially when Jonathan Lynn came out in 2010 to the 25th anniversary screening in San Francisco and did a Q&A and talked about the 4th ending. (Find it on youtube) also the singing telegram girl and the chef also came out to the screening.
The singing telegram girl was Jane Wiedlin of The Go-Go's.

sgtpepper

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris A.
I find it funny, that in 2012, they can't use technology to make it possible for a group of people to be spread all over the world and do a commentary. I mean, they did it on The Fugitive if I recall. Tommy Lee was in one place and the director another. They talked over something way back in the early 2000s.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Surprised that the price on this title has not dropped. I have not picked it up yet, but would like to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks