What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Classic Musicals from the Dream Factory - Volume 3 (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Nobody has mentioned that "HIT THE DECK" contains a fantastic, sweeping 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL Music Only Track with the vocals removed.
It is a godsend for those of us who love listening to the Orchestrations.
Thank you George.

The 3 Widescreen titles are all truly excellent in both picture and sound.
NANCY GOES TO RIO looks great with excellent color.
LADY BE GOOD looks and sounds the best of the others.

The sound on both Broadway Melody '36 and '38 seems to have been noise gated and as such is quite poor and hard on the ears.

Pity that my favorite "Two Weeks with Love" looks very ordinary( but still acceptable and is just a tad better than the Laser)

Shame also that the 2 Cinemascope shorts are only presented in 4:3 Letterbox.

Let's hope that this exciting and must have Box Set sells extra well so that we may get treated to even more Classic Musical goodies in the future.

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Agreed on all counts...i'm especially fond of music only tracks,
and it seems that they are more rare all the time, though they exist for so many films.

PaulaJ

Supporting Actor
I can't resist posting. I met Debbie Reynolds (briefly) Saturday night and she autographed my copy of Hit the Deck (as well as Singin' in the Rain and Divorce American Style). :) She is still beautiful at 76 and puts on a whale of a show. ;)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew

I'd love to see more music-only tracks, especially on musicals. I wonder if the American Federation of Musicians wants compensation for it (I know that for any movie score after 1960 a record company must negotiate with them for a CD release). Maybe with Blu-Ray's copy protection alleviating fears of piracy (for now) we might get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation192
Recent bookmarks