What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Children of Paradise -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moe Dickstein said:
Silver Lining: Now you can go see Taylor Swift!!!
Why you gotta be so...mean?

And THAT's the ONLY Taylor Swift reference I could ever come up with. I heard this song once and actually thought the lyrics were quite good.

JParker

Second Unit
Real Name
James Parker
andrew markworthy said:
Alas, not. All tickets sold. Boo hoo. ;)
Well, since Taylor recently "covered" Maxwell in her recent "Top 40" hit, I've got the next best thing for you!

Enjoy! ;)
This one isn't as good:

moviepas

Supporting Actor
[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]How was Criterion's release of Le Viseteurs De Soir?[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]If you mean the quality of the Blu Ray, then when all is considered, it is an excellent transfer.[/COLOR]
As far as the film is concerned it might be a little heavy for some. To be able to make such a film during this Nazi-occupied time is beyond incredible.

It should be noted that a lot of French films were rushed into secret storage somewhere to avoid certain destruction by the Nazis. Paris. itself, was wired towards the end for a massive destruction but the given order was not acted upon by the person given that order. Another miracle of WW2.

I was able to see a lot of French film during the mid-1970s because I used to go a local film institute who kept a library for hiring to schools and groups. I often collected or delivered film cans to railheads for screenings by these groups. The French Embassy in my country's capital and the Goethe Institute(German features, sorts & some TV) in my city made films available to the library for periods of six months for free loans to bona fide groups. Thus I could borrow these 16mm prints for a weekend on a regular basis. I saw many films from all decades otherwise not available elsewhere. There was no ethnic TV in that period but it was on the way and been so for over 30 years now.

There are still films I have seen in that period that have not made it to DVD or Blu Ray yet as far as I know like The Crime of M. Lange(was on VHS & LD which I missed but saw the 16mm and on TV later once); The Baker's Wife, and, Pardis Perdu(a 30s sort of nightclub musical from about 1938).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks