What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Casablanca (70th Anniversary) -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
eric scott richard said:
Amazon is the best! My Casablanca box was damaged during shipping and they sent out a new one before I even had the chance to send the first one back! Also, two items were lost in transit and they took care of it within seconds! Nothing but positives for this company.
Was it the corner of your box that was damaged? Mine is and I've been trying to decide if it is worth the trouble of an exchange.

Yes, and the blu-ray logo/cover at the top was torn. I figure that this is the last time I am buying this, so I don't want a damaged box right out of the gate. It was so easy to exchange...the mailman even picked up the damaged package for me...couldn't have been easier. And I received the new one within three days.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by eric scott richard /t/319152/a-few-words-about-casablanca-70th-anniversary-in-blu-ray/180#post_3913528
Yes, and the blu-ray logo/cover at the top was torn. I figure that this is the last time I am buying this, ...
Yeah, everytime I have bought this, I thought it was the last time too.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Well, this WILL be the final copy of Casablanca for me, when it finally arrives here in Australia because honestly, I've watched that movie so often that I don't think I could bear watching it again more than a couple of score times....
Anthony

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
As I've mentioned previously on this or another thread, my experience is that patience pays off with these big expensive boxed sets... I put the item in the "saved for later" section of my Amazon cart. Checking the cart periodically, I see any price changes for whatever I have stored there. This came up today:

Casablanca (70th Anniversary Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray... has decreased from $44.96 to [COLOR=FF00AA]$24.99

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
NY2LA said:
As I've mentioned previously on this or another thread, my experience is that patience pays off with these big expensive boxed sets... I put the item in the "saved for later" section of my Amazon cart. Checking the cart periodically, I see any price changes for whatever I have stored there. This came up today:
Casablanca (70th Anniversary Limited Collector's Edition Blu-ray... has decreased from $44.96 to $24.99
Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered it myself. With my points, it only cost me $18.46 .... Sweet! :)

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Like I said, happens to pretty much all these big boxes if you wait long enough.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Euclid.png

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Just saw a video of the Warners Archives a tour and there were racks and racks of costumes as they two people walked they mentione Life With Father - Giant they mentioned Paul Newman then Humphrey Bogart-how nice would it be to see these famous costumes shown today that Warners has on the extras on discs! Would love to see Flynn's Adv Of Don Juan Costumes!
1654883122190.png

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Do we know anything about the 4K release being dubbed as "Casablanca 80th Anniversary" in some instances?

My copy just arrived and there's no reference to the 80th anniversary on the 4K's packaging but the press release alludes to the anniversary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks