What's new

A couple Ebay questions (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I have two questions about Ebay that are probably pretty simple to answer:

1. Is there anyway to view every thing you've ever bought with your ebay account? I've run up against my PayPal spending limit (imposed because they refuse to work with my bank) and I'm just curious to see what I've spent all that money on over the years.

2. Getting rid of negative feedback. I know this is a touchy subject on Ebay, but here's my situation: I sold somebody a textbook on Half.com in January. I shipped it out the exact same day he ordered it using media mail just as he requested. I put delivery confirmation on it to be safe (thankfully!). Today I checked my ebay account and had a negative feedback from the guy stating it took 15 days for him to get the book! I have contacted him and provided him with the delivery confirmation which shows the date I shipped it when tracked on www.usps.com. It also shows that USPS took the book from Virginia to California to Pennsylvania to get it to Ohio!!! Anyway, I've asked the guy to "mutually withdraw" the negative feedback, but do I have any options if he refuses? I only have 51 feedback, so a negative one really hurts, especially since I did nothing wrong here.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
1.) Your purchases/sales are viewable for 90 days only. Undoubtedly, Ebay has a backup of everything but us peons don't have access.

2.) Ebay will remove feedback under certain circumstances, but I don't believe your situation qualifies. If your buyer refuses to agree to a retraction, you can add a line to your feedback giving your side. Too bad you ran into a jerk.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

Relax, bad feedback happens.
Your reply can have up to 80 characters, plan to use them carefully and explain that you shipped the item quickly and were able to track its delayed arrival. No one will hold this against you.
Well, your jerk buyer did, but no one else will.

SethH

Senior HTF Member

There are certain guidelines provided by Ebay which are grouds for removal of feedback. But they are very limited (such as a court order).

However, Ebay does offer the option of mutually withdrawing the feedback. As this sounds, it requires the willingness of both parties to remove the feedback. It removes the negative rating, but leaves the comments there for others to read in addition to a note saying it was mutually withdrawn.

As an update on my situation, the buyer followed my link to the tracking site and realized it was the postal service's fault. He agreed to mutually withdraw the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks