What's new

a Classical Music discussion (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I first discovered "Classical" music when I took a music appreciation course at the University of Toledo in the early 1970's. The 1st piece that was played & discussed was Dvořák's New World Symphony. It started a musical love affair that has lasted so far 30+ years. The 1st LP of classical music I purchased was Rafael Kubelik's recording of Dvořák's New World Symphony with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on the Mercury Wing Classical label. I literally wore that LP out from playing it so many times. Last night I was absolutely delighted to discover that this recording is now available on a CD. I ordered it immediately from ArkivMusic.com. I am looking forward with great anticipation to hearing this performance without the "snap, crackle & pop" of an LP recording.

My "Big 3" favorite composers are Beethoven, Mozart & Dvořák.

On deeping my "Classical" music listening experience, I recently discovered the music of Arcangelo Corelli & Luigi Boccherini. This is due to my purchase of an iPod which got me back to listening to music on a daily basis again. My next venture into new "Classical" music listening will be Górecki's Symphony No. 3 "Symphony of Sorrowful Songs" & Three Olden Style Pieces, on the Naxos label.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks