What's new

A Bit of Fry and Laurie - missing & incorrect extras? (1 Viewer)

Helena

Agent
Real Name
Helen
I recently purchased the R1 S1 and S2 of "A Bit of Fry and Laurie". While I have enjoyed the episodes, I am a little confused about the extras. According to Amazon.com (where I bought them) and the back of the DVD covers:

S1 is supposed to include the "1987 Christmas Special". My copy only contains the 6 S1 episodes.

S2 is supposed to include "Footlights: 100 years of comedy - 56 minutes of documentary featuring early Fry & Laurie material" . My copy contains a 46 minute show called the "Cambridge Footlights" (I think), which is a show of earlier material of Fry & Laurie's, and while entertaining, it definitely not a documentary.

Has anyone found the same?

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
If it helps any, my R2 version of Season 1 contains the 1987 Christmas Special (which was a pilot) and the disc runs at 211 minutes. Don't have the number of episodes handy, but I'll check when I get access to my TV.

Helena

Agent
Real Name
Helen
Well my S1 set is 212 mins as well, so it could be alright. Maybe S2 had the extra changed after the DVD artwork was done - either that or the people doing the artwork got it wrong???

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
The episode marked as "pilot" in the S1 menu _is_ the Christmas special. It was originally intended to be something of a one-off. It grew into a show, and then 4 series. :)

The S2 thing sounds like an artwork oops to me. I much prefer getting the Cambridge thing though, since I recall seeing it on TV a few times when I was younger.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I just received the new box set ("A Bit of Fry & Laurie, The Complete Collection ... every bit!").

Apparently it contains the four season discs (DVD9), so I trust it has the "Pilot" as well, on the Season One disc.

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks