What's new

Directors A Better (Blank) By (Blank) Is... (1 Viewer)

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen Sunshine, but the best performance I've seen from Rachel Weisz is in The Shape of Things

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
But Neil Labute's masterwork is still In the Company of Men, with a star-making performance from Aaron Eckhart.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Was it typecasting that Matt Malloy went from playing a sexist pig in In the Company of Men to playing an even greater sexist role as a Stepford husband in The Stepford Wives remake?

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Christopher Walken used to make much better career decisions than deciding to star in trash like The Stepford Wives remake, a perfect case in point being The Dead Zone.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Sticking with guys named Gene, I think that Hackman's brief role in YF is easily outclassed by his performance as Coach Norman Dale in Hoosiers.

Brad

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Karen Black was good in Easy Rider, but she got to show off more of her talent in The Day of The Locust

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Well I don't know about Loneyhearts Lew, but wasn't Robert Ryan really terrific in The Set-Up!

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Robert Wise directed many fine films, but he won his first Oscar for his great work directing West Side Story.

Brad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks