What's new

90125 Remastered (finally) (1 Viewer)

Ben_wood

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with you Jeff Keene! "Open Your Eyes" is the worst Yes album ever. In fact, "Tormato" is Grammy-worthy compared to "OYE". "Onward" writen by Chris Squire is one of my favorite Yes tunes of all time! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
That's true, Open Your Eyes does suck.

Man, choosing between OYE and Tormato is like choosing between lethal injection and the Chair... or even worse, between Talk and Union. :eek:

(Why must I hurt the ones I love so?)

Zane Charron

Second Unit
I agree that "Open Your Eyes" is one of (if not) the poorest album from Yes. It feels so...what's the phrase I'm looking for...warmed over. Bland and blah, like they took a bunch of mediocre and unconnected ideas and formed them into mediocre and scattered songs. Why did they do this? I don't know, because that's what they do, I guess. I can't even keep up with everything the Yes "family" puts out anymore. A gazillion solo albums and studio albums and live albums...

I'm afraid to say it, but I think Yes' days are long up (and have been up since the mid-90's). I guess if they want to continue to make music, that's fine. But I don't know if I'll be willing to buy it, even the completist that I am.

Having said that, I think Tormato is too often maligned. Sure, it's directionless and, again, scattered, and there are some embarrasing tracks on there, but the only one on there that I think is a real bomb is Circus of Heaven (which would have been better on a Jon Anderson solo album, certainly). The rest either have some merit or are great tracks, such as Release, Release, Onward and On the Silent Wings of Freedom. I even love Madrigal, for it's effortless blending of the ancient and the modern, and Don't Kill the Whale, for it's goofy 70's chic and killer bass lines.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
OK, OK. I picked up Tormato. Actually kind of like it. But, it is especially worth having for the song Onward. Never heard it before, but already one of my favorite Yes songs. Circus of Heaven on the other hand...

Dammit, I still wish they would re-master Big Generator!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks