What's new

9/24/02...The greatest day in the history of DVD releases (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Sept-Nov is going to put me in the poor house. I'll buy somewhere between 20 and 30 titles...and while that isn't a crapload for some of you, I'm just a poor college student ;)

Gordon Elgart

Auditioning
That is an impressive list, but anime people also know that Sept 24 brings the Martian Successor Nadesico TV Series Box Set and the End of Evangelion movie.

So yeah, it's looking hectic.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Am I correct in assuming that Amadeus: director's cut will include ONLY the director's cut and not the classic, oscar winning, theatrical cut? Looks as if yet another oppurtunity for seamless branching got missed. I'm still not sure which version I liked better, as it's been a while since i saw the theatrical cut. Which version do you guys prefer?

[Yes, this is my first post, but I'm not new; I've been reading the forums for over a year now.]

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
To answer my own question, I see that digitaleyes and dvdplanet are now listing the new Cuckoo, for about $20.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
As if there are not enough titles already being released on 9/24, Link Removed was just announced! :)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I will only be purchasing five must have films on 9/24/02, and they are:
MAN BITES DOG (Criterion)
LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET
$LA$HER$
HEAVENLY CREATURES
ZOMBIE 3
Not quite the greatest DVD day in my opinion, because I usually have more than just five to buy.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Let's not forget 11/12:

LOTR 4-disc set
Star Wars Episode II
South Park Season One
Transformers Season Two Part One

Yes Sept 24 is going to be a great day - not to mention that it's my birthday! :emoji_thumbsup:
On Heavenly creatures: It is OAR - i thought that was cleared up? There was a misprint on the press release as I understand.
On Blade 2: I also thought that came out 9/03?
The time that is scaring me is Nov. Spider Man, LOTR EE, Attack of the Clones, Minority Report, etc, etc. ;)
I've notified my family that there will be no Christmas this year. :D
- J

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
All I know is things are very sweet these days for DVD collectors. I still try to forget the old days in 1997 when we went months between half decent releases. Any way, November will be a killer month with Spiderman, AOTC, FOTR, Spirit, MIB2, Ice Age and more coming out.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I never heard of Trading Places being cancelled. I do remember reading about a month ago that they were dropping the retrospective interviews that had originally been announced. Is that what you're thinking of?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks