What's new

9/12 Warner HD titles (1 Viewer)

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
I found these at a local store on Thursday and picked them up. I haven't watched all of Lethal Weapon 2 yet (it's the theatrical cut), but I did watch Space Cowboys this afternoon. The transfer on LW2 is good, but the one on Space Cowboys is excellent.

A friend of mine picked up Troy at the same time and we popped that on at his house for a few minutes. The picture transfer on that was also solid, the TruHD sound had quite a kick and the IME looked very cool too. Fans of the film should be very happy.

One last humorous note: Warner listed on the back of the jacket covers that Space Cowboys and Lethal Weapon 2 were "1080p Standard Definition 2.4:1". D'oh!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I went out to look for these movies out early, but alas did not succeed. Will probably pick up LW2, Troy, and House of Wax (well, October is coming up) Tuesday. Space Cowboys is tempting as well. The next month or so is going to be VERY expensive with all the HD DVD titles coming out.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know yet if Lethal Weapon 2 is a new 1080p transfer, or an old recycled 1080i transfer?

Dan

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
I hate to say it, but I think its a recycled 1080i transfer. I think its chapter 7 (it's a shot of Danny Glover's house at night) but the window panes and the fence were moving as if vibrating. And the closing credits had jagged edges all around them. I showed my friend this and the first thing he said was "I thought Warner was done with the bobbing transfers".

You may wish to hold off until a few official reviews pop up.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Crap! Perhaps when WB puts out the extended cuts they'll make new 4K transfers and downconvert those to 1080p for HD disc.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks