What's new

8k restored BEN-HUR in NYC for NY Film Fest. Anyone know about Alice Tully Hall or Howard Gilman The (1 Viewer)

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Wow. Just wow. 8k screenings of the newly restored BEN-HUR in October. http://www.filmlinc.com/films/on-sale/ben-hur But I have never heard of Alice Tully Hall (Oct 1 screening) or the Howard Gilman Theater (Oct 8 showing). From Google searches, both look to be opera or music venues, wth a very square wall behind the stage. How they can get a 2.76:1 screen in there is beyond me. Has anyone any idea at all as to which theater will have a larger screen? Or will they be the same size? This is a grand opportunity. Maybe once in a lifetime and i want to make sure if I go, I get to see this classic film on as large a screen as possible.

Cassy_w

Second Unit
Tickets go on sale Monday. Still no idea about the theater or what type of screen they will have.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
I'm going to guess you weren't expecting a synch problem a half hour in forcing them to stop the projection and reboot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks