What's new

80's Mission Impossible??? (1 Viewer)

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Dear Guys:

I sort of assumed that the first season of the 80's Mission Impossible that played on ABC would be coming out this year. Perhaps six months after the release of the original final season.

However, I'm not really cognizant of if Paramount owns the rights to the remake series the same way it did for its earlier version.

What do you think guys? Do you think it might come out in the forseable future?

James

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
It is owned by Paramount. I'm hoping to see it too... I don't think it's going to be any huge seller, but it'd sell at least at well as the last few seasons of the original did on dvd. There were only 35 episodes; if they made it a complete series set, so much the better.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
CBS's slow down in DVDs isn't making it look too good. April they have 3 older titles coming out (Perry Mason, Tales from the Darkside and I Love Lucy's bonus disc) and nothing coming out in May.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Now I don't want to get your and my hopes up, but I just spotted three new Mission: Impossible TV listings, added to the BBFC website today. Initially I thought "great!", but I have a bad feeling they're extras for a complete series Region 2 DVD release of the original Mission: Impossible TV series which "Paramount Home Entertainment (UK)" are releasing. The URL links to the three BBFC listings pages are below:

Mission: Impossible 1988: The Second Season premiere "The Golden Serpent: Part 1"

Mission: Impossible 1988: The Second Season premiere "The Golden Serpent: Part 2"

Mission: Impossible: The Original TV series - episode promos

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
I would also like to see a release for this 80s series revival.

It had ties to the original series, which is a plus.

Plus I could use it to wash the memory of those bad MI films that Tom Cruise put out outta my mind.

Jim Phelps a traitor, indeed!!!!!!! NEVER!!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by bretmaverick2

I Plus I could use it to wash the memory of those bad MI films that Tom Cruise put out outta my mind.

Jim Phelps a traitor, indeed!!!!!!! NEVER!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

My biggest problem with Tom Cruise's series, is what he (and the producers) did to Peter Graves' character. It just wasn't right. It was a slap in the face to the man who played the character for nine years. Glad to see I'm not the only one who has feelings like that.

James

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
To be honest with you guys, I don't remember anything about the MI movies. I don't have them in my collection and I'm not even sure that I saw all of them. I remember a little about the 1st novie but that's it.

They can't compare to the series, particularly the earlier MI series seasons.

Brian GT

Agent
I remember going to the first MI movie - really looking forward to it.

Then getting completely yanked out of the film with that stupid plot point.

Jim Phelps a traitor? Never happen.

Haven't seen it or any of the rest since.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member

[COLOR= rgb(24, 24, 24)]Jim Phelps a traitor? Never happen.[/COLOR]

Yes, that was just awful.

One critic's analogy for that plot device was....

Imagine that the series Bonanza was brought to the big screen and Ben Cartwright turned out to be a serial killer.

- Walter.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
Originally Posted by Walter Kittel

Imagine that the series Bonanza was brought to the big screen and Ben Cartwright turned out to be a serial killer.
Damn. Now that whole series suddenly makes sense! :)

shc57783

Grip
Real Name
Scott Clarke
Just got the complete 1966 series, and would love to own the 1988 series as well. Any news about a possible DVD release for this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks