What's new

80 GB PS3 price drop to $499 (1 Viewer)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I just got a 60 gb version four days ago and now Amazon has both 60 and 80 gig versions at $499!!!!!
Did I miss a press release or something?
Granted, I don't plan on downloading full length movies or games but still it really sticks in your craw.

frogpond

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Baker
Its funny because we were looking at them and decided to go with the 360 for the time being because of price then BOOM 100 drop. Really ticked us off! Of course this is similar to what Apple did with the iPhone. I wonder if Sony will offer rebates to existing customers although I doubt it.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I got a ps3 because I think sony haas a bit tighter quality control than microsoft.
I really wanted a 360 but I refuse to buy one until microsoft puts out a solid product and not a door-stop.
And I know the ps3 is a great system and plays Blu-Ray disc right out of the box. Unlike the 360 which forces you to shell out a extra $200 for the add on HD player.

The ps3 would be perfect if it allowed me to use my usb stick with games. (I'm handicapped so sticks or mouse/keyboards are easier and more natural for me to use than gamepads.)
The spider-man 3 game forces you to use the sixaxis controller which sucks.
Despite this complaint so far I love my ps3!! I only wish I knew about the price drop before.

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
Doesn't Amazon have some kind of 30-day price protection?

Don T

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
Hey Guys,

I ordered the 80 gig PS3 Motorstorm for $599 from Amazon on Tuesday 10/16/2007. The price dropped and I called them on Friday and they refunded my cc for $100. Its worth a shot to try.

Thank you,
Don

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks