What's new

73" WD-73640 TV wont turn on (1 Viewer)

dwmckeejr

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald
I have just recently replaced the bulb, and gone through the trouble shooting steps in the user manual. I am still seeing 6 Flashing red lights followed by 1 yellow. Any help to what this may be and how to fix would be greatly appreciated.

Don

dwmckeejr

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald
It was a Monster aftermarket bulb off of amazon. Had nothing but good reviews and install went great.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way. Code 61 with the proper bulb in it means the DMD board needs replaced.But I wouldn't trust any code with a crap bulb.

dwmckeejr

Auditioning
Real Name
Donald
Sam,

Thanks so much for the reply. Do you have any good sites where i can go to look at the dmd board, and could it just be the DLP chip that needs replace not the whole board?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
They sell it, or did, at Mitsuparts.It is faster to change the whole board. Cost difference is negligible.There are youtube videos, and plenty of them are sites selling boards. Or people will link where they bought the board.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Oh yeah, it would benefit you to call Mits. I would have a French bulb on hand though.They are known to fix these on their dime. But if you bought an aftermarket bulb...the phone call ends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks