What's new

7-11 Stores Convert to "Kwik-E-Marts" (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
For promotion for the upcoming Simpsons movie

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07032007..._rob erts.htm

Sounds kind of neat. I don't know how many other stores besides the one in Times Square will be converting. But it's a good opportunity for Simpsons fans to get some Simpsons food/drink items. If anyone goes, let us know what it's like.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't know what they look like but if they're only changing 12 of 6,000 stores, the ones changed better look like you just walked into a cartoon.

All the 7 Eleven stores have various Simpsons things like Buzz Cola six packs, five different Squishee cups and straws (the straws have a character magnet on them and are an extra $1.50) and a comic book of Radioactive Man #711 (get it? :)).

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
The Los Angeles one is near where my girlfriend lives. I will try to get a photo of it and post it this week sometime. :)

It seems like a brilliant move on 7-Eleven's part. The LA store they changed over is on Sepulveda near national. My girlfriend drives past it on her way home from work every day and she said usually it is not a very populated store. Now that they ahve changed it over...there is a line of people around the parking lot pretty much all day it seems and they have a guard at the door only letting in a few people at a time.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
They should have converted all of the stores in each of the Springfields across the country.

CJ

CameronJ

Stunt Coordinator
Stopped by one in Denver yesterday (on Broadway and 2nd).

The place was absolutely packed. A 10 minute line for the "Squishee" machine - they were selling so many that they weren't frozen, just a bit cold. All the employees had Kwik-E-Mart uniforms - I tried to buy one off the manager but he wouldn't have it.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
But what I REALLY want to know is if $20 will get me an "all syrup Super Squishee" at one of these stores. :)

"If you survive, please come again."

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I know it's been made (and I think a company that made it look like a can in the show got hit with an injunction from Fox) but 7 Eleven isn't going to sell it since it's a promotion for a movie that is PG-13 and depending on the state, not all convenience stores can sell alcohol.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
the "props" are at all locations.

i bought a bunch of cns of buzz and a box of krustyo's at a local.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
Why are they making a fuss about selling Duff Beer because hte movie is PG 13? It's a regular staple on the show, which anyone can watch freely.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Why are they making a fuss about selling Duff Beer because hte movie is PG 13? It's a regular staple on the show, which anyone can watch freely.

Maybe something to do with the MPAA?

The TV show is free, but movie tickets cost money, so maybe they don't want to have an alcoholic product as a tie-in to a movie a lot of kids will go to see.

Remember the whole Joe Camel fiasco, where people assumed that just because a character was cartoonish, that meant they were marketing cigarettes to kids?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

who is the "they' that is making a fuss? not a big deal anyway.

Jason L.

Second Unit
You wanted pictures. Here they are from the store in Dallas. I hope they don't kill the server. Apu [pictured] told me that the store will go back to normal in 10 days.

I didn't try the Doh'-nuts, Krysty-O's, or Buzz Cola because they aren't John Stone approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks