1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

5.1 In ceiling Speaker Set up

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by faal844, Mar 6, 2011.

1. faal844

faal844 Auditioning

Hi everyone,

really a newbie when it comes to setting up speakers so here goes.

set up -

Planning to purchase - LG 60PX950 or LG 60PZ950 (if ever they release it)
    Blu Ray player - PS3 or LG BD 590 or might wait for LG BD 690
    Audio Receiver - Onkyo HT-RC270 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver

My problem - i have no idea how to deal with the speakers.

there are 5 holes in the living room (pre wired) - yes another one of those new homes that i got sucked into. There are 3 holes in the front and 2 speakers at the back.

my question - i'm assuming the ideal way to go would be a 5.1 surround sound - if i go with a 7.1 speaker system, i would have to drill some holes (wife might not be too thrilled about that idea)

can anyone help with what speakers to get and what size?

i saw some speakers in amazon - Polk Audio RC80i 2-Way In-Ceiling Speakers, not sure if i should go with 8' or 6.5' - plus which speaker do i buy for the middle speaker?

or should i go with the rectangular speakers? Polk Audio RC85i 2-Way In-Wall Speakers

lastly what type of SUBWOOFER should i get?

The size of the room is about 12 feet from the edge of the couch to the wall

either way - really need someone to help me - any help anyone can suggest or advise would be HIGHLY APPRECIATED.

this is for the living room - primarily to be used for movies, gaming and music.

Budget is about 500 to 1,500k. would prefer less if it is possible.

Thank you again in advance.