What's new

4-16-05 4th Cleveland HT Meet!!!! Come on over! (1 Viewer)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Hey people,

I am selling my Outlaw 950 pre/pro. Asking $600...will take offers!!

I bought a new Marsh Sound Design P2000t hybrid tube preamp from Audio Advisor. All of the folks over at the MUG, (Magnepan Users Group), tell me that the combination of a tube preamp and a SS amp really compliment the sound of the maggies. BTW, I got a great deal on a demo unit AA had laying around!!

I'm slowly upgrading my system to enhance my 2 channel listening enjoyment!! ;)

I also have 3 maggie speakers for sale. The MGCC3 center, and a pair of MGMC1's. I would be happy to deliver these on 4/16/05 during George's meet!!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Geez, Al, you really want to unload that, huh? Three threads I'm subscribed to had the same post! :D :D

Kip, I'm glad that you two can make it! I'll have to make room. I might set the room up a little differently. We can play musical chairs?:D

I'm just happy to have a nice turnout.

Ok, now that we have more confirmations, what is everyone's opinion on food? Drinks? What do you want?!

Robert, for the contest, there are a couple of practical giveaways, and some difficult captures. If anyone gets all 25, I'll be surprised. On the other hand, if there's anyone with a score of zero, they will have to give up the HT hobby!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Well, I'm finally almost done with the actual contest. I only have a couple of voice samples to record. I did a trial run with what I had and ended up changing five shots to more difficult ones as they were way too easy. Although, even with the new shots, a guy at work scored 23!

Then I can work on the Answers, but that's the easy one to do.

Later,
George

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
voice samples? what is that all about?

edit: would it be possible for you to burn me a copy of that demo disc you have. the one we were watching at mark's house?

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Mike, the voice samples aren't part of the contest this time. I have the background music going, but I still need to mix the narration into it. It'll be done today.

I'll burn one for you, no problem.:emoji_thumbsup:

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Kip,

No problem, but do you know what disc Mike is referring to? I can give you the one you asked me about after the last meet, or the demo disc I showed at Mark's. Or both!:D

Robert, I have the last screenshot contest available for online viewing. I don't have the link at the moment, but I can tell you how to get there.

Photodex.com

Click on "Online Sharing".

Enter "geocab" as the album you wish to view.

Pick "play all" to watch both the shots and the answers in order.

You will have to download and install their viewer and you'll definitely need DSL or better as the file is HUGE! Or you can just wait a week and a half. :)

I have one last voiceover to record and I'm all finished with the contest. I'm glad I started this early! Almost didn't make it on time.:eek:

See ya later,
George

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
George,

We are going to have some out of state guests the weekend of your HTF meet. Looks like I'm stuck down here!!

As you can tell, our little group down here is not very active right now. And I am getting more and more in to my 2 channel music system!!

I like movies, but I love music!! Good luck with your meet!!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
The one you wanted before was the THX one, and the one I showed at Mark's was a bunch of clips I use as demos, instead of popping in a different DVD everytime.

As for the screenshot contest, I'm having trouble burning it to a DVD. I don't know why. I'm trying a different program to see if it burns the ISO image better than the program I've been using. Hopefully, I'll get this going!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Ok, everyone, less than a week. Could you please let me know around what time you'll be here, if you're not going to make it between 3:00 and 4:00? Thanks.

Also, what does everyone like on their pizza, as that is what I plan on getting this time around.

I have the screenshot contest finished and burned. There's a glitch in the software apparently when you have more than one menu, which is why I had a problem. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Kip, do you need anything other than a DVD-RW, because that's what I use? If that's not ok, let me know so I can get some other kind of media for you. Or I can just burn it when you get here. :emoji_thumbsup:

Robert, I don't know anything about the 2910, does it upconvert through component? Or will we need another kind of connection?

See you all soon,
George

RobertRich

Grip
I believe the 2910 upconverts through component. I'm still planning to be there. I should be there btw 3 and 4 as long as business doesn't interfere.

Kip*D

Agent
George,

Scott and I should be there b/t 3 and 4.
Pizza sausage and pepperoni
DVD-RW will be fine

I have the 1910. It only upconverts through DVI but the 2910 has both HDMI and DVI. No upconvert through component as it is not have HDCP.

Doesn't Infocus use their own connector type that would require a converter to use the HDMI or DVI of the 2910?

Kip

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Yes, it does. Hmmmm, but, I just talked to Chris yesterday and he ordered a DVI---> M1 adapter for his 4805. It didn't cross my mind yesterday, but I'll have to ask him to bring it along.

Kip*D

Agent
George,

I have a family emergency to take care of so I will not be able to attend this Sat. I am not sure if Scott will attend of not. I will give him the directions in case he still planning on going. I have to catch you guys next time.

thanks

Kip

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'm sorry to hear that, Kip. I hope things turn out all right. We'll see you next time, or when you throw a meet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks