What's new

4-16-05 4th Cleveland HT Meet!!!! Come on over! (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
This meet has come and gone, and everyone had a really good time. If you're coming to this thread late, please feel free to post here so when there's another meet, you'll know about it.

Hello,

Here we are again, looking for another get together. Everyone is invited who can make it to the Cleveland area on....

Saturday, April 16th 2005.

Time: 3:00 until whenever!

Place: George's house. PM or e-mail for directions. If I don't reply, send another notice to me incase a spam filter gets ya!

Feel free to bring along any DVDs, CDs, DVD-As, or any equipment you'd like.

What does everyone want to eat? Drink? Please post your suggestions here.

There will be another contest, and a prize for winning.

Please, if you are coming or are interested, post here and I'll add you to the list. Thanks!

George

List of Attendees:

1. George (duh)
2. Mike Wladyka
3. Robert Rich - Denon 2910 and SACDs
4. Chris Grillo
5. Mark Perry
6. Tony
7. Steve B.
8. Chuck Gaul
9. Kevin G.
10. Greg

Tentative

1. Scott
2. Todd

RobertRich

Grip
You've got PM...I'm interested in going. I will put this on my schedule. If anyone is interested, I can bring my Denon 2910 for video comparison.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Robert,

Yes, bring your Denon! That should be cool. Does anyone have any SACDs to bring? The 2910 is universal, right?

I'll PM you back,
George

RobertRich

Grip
The 2910 is indeed universal. I have some SACDs I can bring....The Dark Side of the Moon (the BEST SACD surround mix out there!), Marvin Gaye, The Police (a dismal mix....)

Kip*D

Agent
George,

I 'll check with Scott to see if he is interested. I am a maybe at this point. Too many family things going on to give a definitive answer at this point.

Am I eligible for the screenshot contest since I won last time ? :D

Kip

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Hey guys,

Robert, I would like to hear that Dark Side of the Moon. I've heard so many rave reviews about it, but I don't have SACD capability right now.

Mike, what happens if you win? What if the tie-breaker is a Halo 2 head-to-head match? :D Well, if we get a nice turnout, we might be able to have multiple prizes.:)

Chris, glad you are able to make it!

Kip, I hope you and Scott can make it again.

Ok, gotta go for now! Spread the word about the meet!
George

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Why would it matter if I won? As long as I didn't put the screens together, I wouldn't have an unfair advantage against anyone...

BTW, the condo looking went pretty well. I just got back from looking at a few more. The one I like best has got an absolutely perfect theater room...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George

True. But, I was more thinking along the lines of you buying yourself something instead of it feeling like a prize. However, I am more than happy to accept your offer! Thank you.

Glad to hear your condo shopping is going well. I bet you can't wait to be able to turn up your volume without worrying about the neighbors.

Geo

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
YGPM.

Have you heard anything from Mark? I thought when we were at his house he said that he would want to come to another one...

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
So far, it looks like a good turnout. As long as we don't have a repeat of the 2nd meet, I'll be happy!

If you didn't notice, I've been updating the list of attendees in the start post as I get more info!

See ya soon,
George

P.S. Mark was thinking of having a get together for The Incredibles and wanted our e-mail addresses again.

RobertRich

Grip
I think inviting the Audio Visions guys is a good idea. Is that where you bought those Martin Logans on your HT page, George? They look absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to listen to them. I'm happy with my Onix Rockets but am always happy to learn about others' systems....I still consider myself an audio n00b....

Last comment....once you've heard the SACD version of DSOTM, you will want to run out to buy a universal player.

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor

Well, it was kind of a joke since last meet they were invited and were supposed to attend. They were also supposed to bring some nice equipment with them. They backed out last minute in what seemed a pretty lame excuse, but they it said it would be okay if we charged $10,000 projector and then returned it the next day.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
They definitely left a sour taste in my mouth. It was just like the 2nd meet, I think we had 8 confirmations, but 3 guys show.

Yes, that is where I bought my MLs. Eventually, I'll buy some more.

I'm finished with the visual portion of the screenshot contest, but I am stumped right now on the accompanying soundtrack. Well, I still have time!:)

Kip*D

Agent
George,

Scott and I are in.

I can pick up the audio visions guys on my way there :D

Is there going to be enought room for everyone? I count 9 people. Where are the dogs going to sit?

Don't forget to keep the remote control away from me-- remember what happened last time? :b

Kip

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
Well, at the last meet George put together a bunch of different screen captures from different parts of movies. There was 25, I think. You just need to write down what movie the screen shot was taken from. Whoever got the most won a prize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks