What's new

3D TV - Am I getting into HT too soon? (1 Viewer)

Vagabond

Agent
Real Name
Eric
Hey all,

I have seen a few articles about 3D TV and its the newest best and next thing to come along and it will be here next year. Well, I am just about ready to paint and then put in my HT equipment all of which (besides a BD player) I have already purchased. So from the people who really know:
- Do you feel 3D TV will be established int he next 2-3 years?
- Will current technology (projectors, BD player etc) be able to upgraded to take advantage of this?

Any other thoughts

Thanks

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
The only current player that for sure will be upgradable to 3D is the PS3. Don't know about projectors. The main thrust of marketing for 3D displays will initially be plasma and lcd flat panel sets.

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
by the time it is mainstream your investment will be ready for replacement anyway

Selden Ball

Second Unit
Real Name
Selden
Sony just announced a couple of dedicated players that'll be firmware-upgradable later this summer.

I don't enjoy being an early-adopter for things that are going to be that expensive. Having just upgraded to 1080p/hdmi/bd, I think I'll wait a couple of years until most of the bugs are worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks