What's new

3D setup - Compatability issue or a setting adjustment? (1 Viewer)

4000dvds2many

Auditioning
Real Name
M Starks
I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 DLP television, with which I have to use the 3DC-1000 3D adapter. I also have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver which is not capable of converting 3D signals. Up until now, I have had my PS3 operating as a 3D player and it worked just fine. I had the HDMI running to the 3D adapter and an optical running to the receiver. Now, I just purchased a Sony BDP-S780 Blu-ray player so that I could upconvert my regular movies into simulated 3D. That works fine. Where I'm having trouble now, is that for some reason when I put a 3D Blu-Ray into the new player, I get an error that says it does not detect a 3D set-up and can not play the disc. I don't get it. It's Sony. The setup is exactly the same. Why doesn't it recognize the signal? Is there anything I can do aside from getting an HDMI switcher and plugging in both the PS3 and the new player simultaneously? HELP!

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
4000dvds2many said:
I have a Mitsubishi WD-65835 DLP television, with which I have to use the 3DC-1000 3D adapter. I also have a Yamaha RX-V663 receiver which is not capable of converting 3D signals. Up until now, I have had my PS3 operating as a 3D player and it worked just fine. I had the HDMI running to the 3D adapter and an optical running to the receiver. Now, I just purchased a Sony BDP-S780 Blu-ray player so that I could upconvert my regular movies into simulated 3D. That works fine. Where I'm having trouble now, is that for some reason when I put a 3D Blu-Ray into the new player, I get an error that says it does not detect a 3D set-up and can not play the disc. I don't get it. It's Sony. The setup is exactly the same. Why doesn't it recognize the signal? Is there anything I can do aside from getting an HDMI switcher and plugging in both the PS3 and the new player simultaneously? HELP!
I dont remember what its called. there is a setting that a blu ray player needs. I dont know if the sony can do it, I do know that the panasonic players can do it. I think its called checkerboard. http://forum.blu-ray.com/3d-blu-ray-players/144876-3d-blu-ray-players-feature-checkerboard-output-my-dlp.html Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks