What's new

'300' HD-DVD, up for Amazon pre-order (1 Viewer)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Indeed! Something "funny" happening to that title there. :frowning:

Cees

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Vendors are not supposed to have it available to pre-order until on or after July 3 (I forget) per Warners instructions.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
US Central time maybe? dunno. ;)

I try again later today if that don't work try tomorrow (though thats a national holiday so it might not be updated) in not then try the 5th, if not then try the 6th.

I'm ordering through Warner directly as I get a better discount.:D

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Warner has some coupons like

WBWEL which is a 15% discount? Not sure. And if you get 2 or more, free shipping is applied. Only problem with WB Home Video. I made a larger order back in early april when they had several different coupons working and got several HD DVDs for under $14. But 6/7 came with loose discs and broken disc holder thingys.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member

Coupon code WBWEL gives 20% off. and free shipping as long as you order enough ($60 I think) which usually gets here in 2 days. Just have to group the orders, this go round was 300 and Deliverance on BD and T3 and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on HD.

Never had a problem with broken discs.

I use Amazon for my non-WB HD/BD purchases and I like to throw a bone out to Digitaleyes/DVDplanet from time to time for their good customer service over the years.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I see thanks, Jim.

I still have the -10% from Amazon, my shipping is more expensive, but the rest of my purchase behaviour is like yours (with the same considerations :) ).

Cees

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I missed out on the 10% deal at Amazon Cees, got into BD a few weeks too late (Jan) and HD in April. I think the deadline was Dec 31st last year.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Jim, yes it was. And because of some ambiguity in the original description ("for a year") they decided to extend it to December 2007 (while originally they probably had meant to have during 2006 only) for those who were eligible already.

Cees

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Ron, I'm assuming it will much like Warner did for the BD of The Departed.

Regarding Amazon....looks like the combo is about .18 cents less than usual. :D Rings up $24.97 shipped instead of $25.15. :P

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
As far as I know, the BD version is only going to have a TrueHD track, but not a PCM track, which is why I pre-ordered this on HD-DVD since the first gen Samsung BD player doesn't decode TrueHD (while the A1 does).

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
True Hd on both releases AFAIK. The BR version is $5 less. That makes it an easy decision. $5 for IME isn't worth it.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
True, but in my case, the cost ends up being about the same on Amazon when you consider that the BD doesn't qualify for Super Saving shipping, while the HD-DVD does. Also, I would pay more anyway since I want to hear the TrueHD soundtrack, which I can't do on the first-gen Samsung player.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Yeah, I've been busy wasting time actually watching all these discs that I've amassed for the past couple of years, and it hasn't really left me with a lot of time to talk about them. :)

I really can't wait to check 300 out--if any film was made for the HD formats, it's this one. The thought of this with lossless audio makes me drool, as I remember it being quite a seat-rocker in the theater.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
This is going to be a tough decision. Buy the HD-DVD and rewire my machines so I can listen to the TrueHD track or buy the BD and wait until I upgrade players. hmmmmmmm

With this out in a few weeks has anyone found a site that has the actual disc's specs posted?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks