What's new

30 Rock season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, the second time I caught it, I realized it was actually a stunt-butt except for when she first came out of the dressing room, but even that didn't look too shabby, either.

"My God, Lemon, you look like a Mexican sports reporter!" Such an absurd, but apt, compliment.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Good news: The show was renewed for the 2011-2012 season. So much for talk of the 5th season being the last.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by joshEH

"My God, Lemon, you look like a Mexican sports reporter!" Such an absurd, but apt, compliment.

That was a reference to Inez Sanchez, the TV Azteca reporter who was the subject of catcalls at Jets training camp. One of the coaches kept throwing footballs near her in practice so the receivers could get a close up look at her. That was parodied in a Corona commercial soon thereafter.

And yes, she has an ass like a shelf.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

That was a reference to Inez Sanchez, the TV Azteca reporter who was the subject of catcalls at Jets training camp. One of the coaches kept throwing footballs near her in practice so the receivers could get a close up look at her. That was parodied in a Corona commercial soon thereafter.

And yes, she has an ass like a shelf.

Yeah, right when Donaghy said that, I was chuckling; my wife, I found out moments later, got the reference too, although we had to explain it to a friend of ours who was over watching the show with us that night.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
30 Rock finally returns tonight (along with Community, and, sadly, Outsourced and The Office).

High-fivin' a million angels, folks.

The last episode was superb -- 30 Rock has been firing on all cylinders this year.

"You want to see me shotgun this?"

"Oh god, she means the pizza!"

That episode destroyed me. Especially anything with Lutz. Just glorious. Also, Tracy in a hospital gown and Jenna in a ravaged Girl Scout uniform:

"We didn't have time to put on our costumes."

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
"Two Black Swans" is alternately the most bizarre and most hilarious thing I've seen on this show since Werewolf Bar Mitzvah. I'm still laughing every time I picture Jenna in shoeshine. Friggin' hilarious.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I need to get off by butt and set up my DVR. I end up getting the first couple minutes every week think its hysterical and never do anything about it! If I understand the premise can I pick up where it is now, or do I need to play catch up on Hulu first?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

I need to get off by butt and set up my DVR. I end up getting the first couple minutes every week think its hysterical and never do anything about it! If I understand the premise can I pick up where it is now, or do I need to play catch up on Hulu first?
Tiny Fey plays Liz Lemon, the head writer for an SNL-esque skit show on NBC. Tracy Morgan plays Tracy Jordan, the incredibly eccentric star that stole the limelight away from the whorish and pathetic Jenna -- the show's former star. Alec Baldwin plays Jack Donaghy, the president of NBC Universal and (until recently) the head of General Electric's microwave division. I usually fall asleep somewhere toward the beginning of the second act and come to a little before the closing teaser -- not because the show's a snooze, just because the show happens to fall where my first wind dies and my second win starts -- and I have no trouble following what's happening. There are some ongoing storylines, but nothing that requires catching up. You might want to, though, just because the show's pretty damn funny.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
You can pretty much leap in anywhere and pick the story up quickly, and you can watch it in almost any order.. there are some continuing storylines, but they are pretty minor and don't matter for the most part.

sd

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
On a side-note, given the fact that it's insinuated that Kenneth keeps dying and coming back to life again, the immortality jokes are one of my very favorite parts of the whole show. Has anyone else caught this?

I loved the bits in previous episodes where they played that noise only people over 40 could hear, and Kenneth was covering his ears screaming, "What's happening to me?!", or the time he was like, "Who told you I've been alive forever?!", or the bit about him having wooden teeth that don't glow under black light.

Or how he's owned his bird for -- what was it? -- 70 years? And he's shown in a 1950s flashback doing "the Microwave." And I'm pretty sure there's a joke about him watching Jenna grow up on TV, and her first commercial as a baby. I also remember a scene when he was worried that the NBC Page program would start doing age-verifications, as if he'd be discovered to be living out a secret, Duncan MacLeod-like existence, or something.

And earlier this season, we even saw his picture of Fred Allen from 1947, with its personalized autograph to him. It's all pretty damn great. Kenneth is 30 Rock's Kenny.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson

I fucking lost it at: "Ladies of the Battered Women's Shelter, be quiet -- a man is talking!!"
That was the biggest laugh for me as well.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Holy snart, last night might not have been the best episode of 30 Rock I've seen, but the highlights were astounding.

The whole idea of singing angry comments to the tune of "Uptown Girl" had me rolling.

And might I suggest that Mel Gibson jokes have been firmly rendered obsolete?

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
[SIZE= 12px]Mel Gibson. Easy target...but I laughed hard. But I'm ashamed that it took me a couple of minutes to remember who Charles Widmore was when Tracy talked about "crazy people" and their islands. [/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]And those cutaways to Lutz in the restroom. SO. WEIRD.[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"...this devastating wildfire. This horrible flood. This wonderful flood that put out that devastating wildfire. Those super-intelligent sharks..."[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]Great line there at the end by Baldwin:[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 12px]"Even better than the highest-rated episode of SVU we ever had. The one where the detectives sat down and watched American Idol."[/SIZE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks