What's new

30 Rock - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does anyone know which episode or episodes from the first season were submitted for Emmy consideration? Because I watched "The Break-Up" last night on DVD and it has to be the best the show ever has been (so far). If you're looking for an episode that has the best the show has to offer, I'd say this is it.

Real Name
Dave Medina
My first season watching this show, and so far I like what I see. It's goofy for goofball's sake. I don't think Donaghy is going to get the gig, but I'm sure that's the idea all along. Why am I not surprised that Jack has such an eccentric "hobby?"

Great cameo by Steve Buscemi (that was him right? The hair threw me off)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"Help me, Liz Lemon, you're my only hope!"

Jack was hilarious in the threrapy session with Tracy.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Predictably, I laughed so loud that my wife had to shush me. Then I had to explain it to her.

I admit, I was a bit uncomfortable with the justification for corporate shilling. I felt a little dirty laughing at it. The therapy scene was also funny yet discomforting. I laughed my ass off, but a little voice in my head kept asking, "isn't there something just so wrong about this?"

I still laugh whenever they do that bleeping thing. It's like MadLibs except it's supposed to be dirty words.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
it's good to see this show isn't suffering a sophomore shark. i thought the last few episodes of last season weren't great, but this new season seems to be doing very well. this show also seems to rip real life more than any other. dog fighting? bad anthem singing?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What's a shame is that this show is lagging behind in the ratings for NBC on Thursday night (not cracking 7 million viewers last night, while The Office is sniffing near 10 million).

Real Name
Dave Medina
I'm slightly confused by the Anthem Reference. I don't remember any particularly bad Nat'l Anthems at any recent events.

I do however find great, albeit guilty, enjoyment of Donaghy/Baldwin's one man show. That was hilarious. I had NO idea he had that kind of range. I thought Redd Foxx came back to life!

-- I'd love to hear that Howard Cossell Impression.

EricW

Senior HTF Member

not recent, but Roseanne (Barr?) did it once in the 90's at a San Diego Padres game.

as for real life references, there was also the "black Mafia" last year which was a joke that started from the Dave Chappelle thing conspiracy.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Great episode. By far the funniest one of this young season. The therapy session was classic and I loved when Liz and Carrie Fisher were walking through Little Chechnya:

"Is that guy carrying a gun?"

"Yeah, but don't worry he's not a cop."

:D

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Last night's episode was the best of the season so far; absolutely hysterical. The party flashbacks at Kenneth's were the highlight. This show is just such a joy to watch. Here's hoping it can get the support it needs to survive.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Hilarious episode. Showing the party via the aftermath meeting was genius. Baldwin's post-party hair alone had me on the floor!!

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yesterday morning, I happened to catch a review of this episode in USA Today by critic Robert Bianco, and he pretty much said what everyone else in here said...namely that the show keeps getting better and better with each passing episode, and that Alec Baldwin's performance this season manages the impossible task of topping last season's.

Also, Tina Fey has now attained new levels of hawtness with her short-skirt/boots ensemble from last night. I love how the show portays her as this utterly "unattractive" woman who can't get laid to save her life, yet the viewers clearly know differently. Too bad we won't be getting new episodes for much longer.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought that was great, but it seemed out of character for Liz Lemon. A minor quibble mind you. ;)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

That was classic. I thought the episode had been good up to that point, but the last few minutes put it over the top. Great stuff. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Oh damn, last night's episode was hilariously all the way through. Nice to see more SNL folk show up in cameos.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Great episode last night. Edie Falco is a nice addition, and I hope she sticks around for a while. The LifeTime movie of her character was hilarious. Also loved the split screen telephone calls between Liz-Tracy-Jack in the beginning.

Sadly, I don't see the supporting cast getting much to do these days. Jenna, Josh, and others aren't seen much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks