What's new

2nd BMW Films series out soon (1 Viewer)

Christopher D

Second Unit
It does not have the substories, but does have the other materials fairly deep down the menu structure.

The substories never made much sense to me, but I suppose there's a reason to keep the old DVD.

It's really too bad it's not anamorphic, but a nice package nonetheless.

Porfirio

Second Unit
I have good news and bad news... bad news for me anyway.

GOOD NEWS:
U.S. Customers are starting to receive their discs this week. Plus they're shrinked wrapped. I was supposed to receive it today.

BAD NEWS:
I ONLY received the shrink wrap!!!

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Mine shipped last Monday to my office. That's right -- 9 days later and no disc. I'm thinking I'll probably never see it.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I live in New Jersey and got it today. Came shrinkwrapped. And yes there was a DVD inside, Porfirio ;) The "Vol. 1" still throws me off though. On and I only checked the first film, but it's not anamorphic.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I ordered mine on 5/28 and I have not received an e-mail confirm. I wonder if my order wasn't received?

UPDATE: Oops, my bad... I went to the web page to place a second order and I guess I never hit PLACE ORDER on the 3rd page... hehehe.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
I'm still waiting on mine from a order that 'shipped' a couple of weeks ago.

For those US customers that have received their copy, what method was used to ship the dvd? Regular USPS? Or my guess, USPS Media Mail, since it seems like many in this thread are seeing long transit times since ship date?

Porfirio

Second Unit
For those US customers that have received their copy, what method was used to ship the dvd? Regular USPS? Or my guess, USPS Media Mail, since it seems like many in this thread are seeing long transit times since ship date?
The method being used is USPS Media Mail.

By the way, I called BMW and they told me that they were going to send out a replacement DVD. :)

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator
Received mine today.

It's really too bad it's not anamorphic; the "downloadable" Quicktime versions on the website have a higher resolution than the versions on the DVD; this, of course, ignores advantages in compression and the fact that the DVD versions have 5.1 audio tracks.

Oh well, I guess being able to watch these on something that's not a computer monitor will be worth the small amount of money I paid.

:)

Gregory E

Second Unit
I finally got mine today. I'm happy with it but it should have been anamorphic. Although I have the Quicktime version of The Follow....the DVD version is much better. I enjoyed the 3 new films as well.

Not bad for $4....but the case was a little torn up.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I finally got mine today, and luckily it was in good shape. I haven't been home to watch it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I ordered 2 copies and received 1 on the 4th of June and the other on the 5th. They were both ordered at the smae time. Weird.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Can ANYONE play the shorts in 5.1??? I have tried everything anf they all play in Dolby Pro Logic. If I set the audio to "5.1 sound on" or "5.1 sound off" in the menu I get DPL. :angry:

Anyone?

Thanks,

Chet

Mike_Stuewe

Stunt Coordinator
5.1 works fine for me Chet, just got my DVD in the mail today. Cheap packaging but arrived safely.

Gabe Oppenheim

Stunt Coordinator
The 5.1 audio tracks are labelled as 2-channel, but my receiver (and DVD-ROM drive) both recognize them as AC-3 5.1.

Interestingly, "The Follow" is not the only film on the disc to be expanded from its Internet version. Both "The Chosen" and "Powder Keg" are extended as well, with the most significant additions being made to the latter. Makes the "package" all the more worth while, IMHO.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The earlier 5-film release labeled them "extended director's editions" or something like that but there's no indication of their extension on the package, although they definitely are the extended versions. You may want to hold onto your old disc, however, since Ben Younger's substories are missing from the new disc, along with a few trailers.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Received mine today, much worse for the wear...case banged up, wrinkled in several spots, plastic wrap barely clinging to the case (and what little remained would not come off of the spine). But the disc was intact and that's fine with me.

Took a couple of weeks, but I'm happy to get it despite owning the original, The Hire series on dvd (with the original The Follow missing on many subsequent copies).

Recall the commotion following the omision of The Follow from the original The Hire? Which led to eBay prices of around $50 for the complete series?

Christopher D

Second Unit
Given what must have been a lot of trouble to get "The Follow" cleared, I can't understand why they didn't put the substories on here or do anamporphic. Does it cost more to do anamorphic or something?

If you're going to go to that much trouble, you might as well go all the way and do it completely right.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"The 5.1 audio tracks are labelled as 2-channel, but my receiver (and DVD-ROM drive) both recognize them as AC-3 5.1."

What do you mean they are labelled as 2-channel? Is that on the documentation or did you find this when you looked at the dvd on your computer?

Very strange....I've never had a problem with getiing 5.1 before. Must be something with the authoring of the disk. I'll try again tonight but I don't know. I am just thankful that I have the original with The Follow which works in 5.1 .

Thanks to all for getting back with the answers.

Chet

jonathan_little

Stunt Coordinator
My player (Pioneer DV-440) shows audio track 2 as "2 CH Dolby Digital," but my receiver shows 5.1 and the sound it produces is definitely 5.1. :D

I've never had that happen with an audio track before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks