What's new

25% off Previously-Viewed at Blockbuster (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My Blockbuster is running a sale for 25% off all previously viewed movies and used video games. I think they're trying to limit it to one sale title per visit, but I was able to score 5 all at once. :emoji_thumbsup: But be warned the computers are set up to only allow one discount title per sale, so either make them do a manual take-off (like my guy did) or have them ring them each up as separate sales.

And it's a good idea to watch while they scan them and check your receipt anyway. One of the used titles I selected was price-marked $9.99 but scanned at $19.99. :eek:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
None of the BBs around me have anything about limiting the sale to one title -- I've never heard of that before.

However, they *are* selling Metroid Prime for $14.99 - with the discount that's $11.24!!! (They've got it new for $20.)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Perhaps they reprogrammed the system. My BB guy said they were working to change it.

But I know that when I took my 5 titles to the counter, the register would only discount 1, then the remainder were at regular price. Hence his need to take a manual discount.

I think it said something about "Limit one discount per transaction per visit," or something like that, in the teeny tiny print on the signs.

Keir H

Second Unit
THanks for looking out! I see it here around the corner from me too but I like to wait for the 'All prev. DvD's $9.99' much better deal because I have notice that when they run the 25% off deal, they markup the titles anyway so they dont lose much at all...ex: I saw 8 Mile at 14.99 the other week but now here at the one by my house is mark at 16.99..

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I always pick up a few titles when they have a used sale. I have not noticed them raising prices during a sale. Was that 2 different stores? I've also never heard of a 1 title per purchase limit. I know they do limit you to, I think, 2 of one title per purchase. Got Secretary for $9.75, Far From Heaven for $11.25, Ali for $5.25 and Birthday Girl for $7.50. May still get another or 2 before it ends, which the local store says is 6/2. I'm hoping they lower Reign of Fire before this sale is over.

Anthony_Fros

Agent
What's everyone's ratio of okay to damaged PVT/DVD's look like? I work in a small video store, and some of the rental returns I know for damn sure wouldn't work well upon check-in. Some of them look like people have skipped them across the driveway, then eaten off of them.

Ever wondered how Gamecube games get wrecked? There's like an inch of disc, and some of them come back as if someone played hockey with them.

I recently picked up a Previously viewed DVD from my store, but have yet to try it out. There's definitely scratches on it, so we'll see if my player can handle it.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I've never had any problems with any used DVD's. My worst was probably the copy of "Ghost Ship" I picked up during the last Blockbuster sale. It had quite a few scratches, but it played fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks