What's new

24: The Complete 5th Season Announced (1 Viewer)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Hey guys, look what I dug up:

The Fifth Season of 24 has been announced for a Region 2 DVD release on 9-25-2006. Could the Region 1 release be far behind? Here's the original news item:

24 Season 5 Announced

Daniel-M

Second Unit
It not an announcement, play.com jumped the gun. All the season so far has been released the first week of August, and no doubt this will too.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Actually, it very well could be ... look at the release date SEPTEMBER. Reasonable release date since it's REGION 2. And Region 2 releases sometimes don't have exttra releases so that they rush the shows to the stores outside the United States.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
24 is a well-done show, but you have to wonder how so much could happen in a mere 1 day period. For an otherwise realistic show, that's the one thing that strains credibility.

For years I've wanted to see the producers change it from a 24 hour story to 24 weeks instead. Surely the actors don't like have to wear the same clothes for an entire season. :D

I wouldn't collect the series, since I make it a habit to watch it on FOX every week.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The show is due to start in the UK around the week of 6 Feb. Add 26 weeks and that is about when it will be released in the UK. :) (About August) Seems to be the pattern with the other seasons anyway.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
All I can say is out of the first 5 eps I've watched of season 5, I've been thoroughly impressed and entertained. I can't wait to see how it all unfolds. Furthermore, I'll be looking forward to the end of the year when this season becomes available on DVD.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Oh, we can give some spoilers, but I sure would hate to have to cover them up with this forum's unique "invisible ink" in order to do that. ;)

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member

So you're saying it's reasonable because it's rushed to the shelves in R2 with no features etc...? Then wouldn't it come out before the first week in August which is the schedule the R1 releases have been following?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
But region 2 releases do have their own forum here. ;)

But if 24 gets a 6th season and FOX sticks with the January premiere, don't expect the S5 set stateside until early December again.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
24 is probably my favorite show of all time but so far the only season that I have had the desire to go back and watch was season 1. it's not that the other seasons aren't great, they just don't really lend themselves to repeat viewings IMO....

season 5 is really great so far, btw.

Wezzo

Second Unit

The R2s do have most of the features the R1s do; all that's been missing as far as I know is some of S4's commentaries and the short 'prequels' for the next season that I assume haven't been produced in time for the R2 release.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey

But which turn up appropriately on the following season's release. The season 4 prequel is on the R2 Season 4 box set. I'd expect the season 5 prequel to turn up on the Season 5 box as well.

And I think there is now a pattern established with 24 releases now anyway. R2 release in Aug/Sept, R1 release in Dec.

A special plea - put all spoilers in the thread in the TV section and leave them out of here until the DVDs have been released (or use the invisibile thing) That way we can still find out about the release without worrying about whether we are going to turn up any plot spoilers.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
The R2 is missing a lot more than "some" of the commentaries.

It's missing:

- The option to branch the deleted scenes into the episodes (which was still present on previous seasons)

- A whopping 10 commentaries

- 24 Season 5 Prequel

- 24 Conspiracy: Minute one to Minute Twenty-Four

Also note that the season 4 prequel probably only showed up on the season 4 set, because it's the Director's Cut version and also showed up on the R1 season 4 set.

Incidentally, when they dropped the price of season 3 in the UK in early 2005, the prequel was miraculously included. That made me check the BBFC, and I found that "24 Conspiracy" has been classified in November, so chances are it'll show up on the second UK pressing of the Season 4 as well.

In short, I'll be switching to the R1s starting with season 5. :)

Chris

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
Not really bothered about the commentaries because most of them I have listened to are pretty dull. And Im happy enough that the prequels are included with the season its "prequelling" :)

What's this 24 Conspiracy though ?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

There are 24 one minute 'mob-isodes' that were made for cellphones. It's about a CTU agent in Washington, D.C. trying to uncover a conspiracy in his agency. I'm crazy for 24 and I'll say that if you never see it, you're not missing much. :)

And shouldn't this thread be in the Regional DVD section?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks