What's new

"24" Season Three Starts October 28... (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Excellent!
I hope the theatrical trailers help promote the show. It's too bad fox can't pair it with one of their high impact films.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Well that car manufacturer got plenty of mention on the HTF. By my count 15 times the word appears in that brief press release. :D

Multiply that by many, many instances and this car company may have found the answer to the many ways that have been developed of ignoring commercials.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Funny thing though. Didn't Jack drive a Suburban/Yukon/Tahoe through most of the season 2?

Looking forward to the new season.

Bob

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Now that the Season 2 DVD was moved up to 9/9, it gives those us who haven't seen S2 yet seven weeks to catch up for S3.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Wow, The Ford Division of the Ford Motor Company just happens to be my favorite division of the Ford Motor Company. :emoji_thumbsup:

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Now that the Season 2 DVD was moved up to 9/9, it gives those us who haven't seen S2 yet seven weeks to catch up for S3.
WTF is going on with the release date of Season 2? When it was originally announced it was 9/2. then I heard it was pushed back to 9/23. Now you're saying 9/9.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Fox moved it up to 9/9 earlier this week, most websites (Amazon.com DeepDiscountDVD) have already changed it also.

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Posted on www.aintitcool.com
The third “24” season will pick up three years after the second, at which point Kim Bauer will be in CTU’s employ, said Berman. And so will her daddy, Jack. The third-season opener, like the second-season opener, will unfurl commercial-free.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I kind of like that idea. Kim was at her best last year when the producers weren't making her a victim, especially at the beginning of the season. It went to hell, of course, but when they let her play tough, it generally worked.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'd like to see her actually contribute something interesting to the show, maybe do some cool chop-socky.

BTW, this could lead to some interesting anti-hostage scenarios with her where she gets captured (like the good ol' days) and then gets out through smart decisions and fighting.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Ah, summer must be winding down a bit when I start seeing some good old 24 posts again!!! Got season 1 on DVD for Father's Day but have avoided it so when I get season 2 on DVD I can go for a major marathon in October!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Fox really seem to be going all out as far as marketing is concerned this time. Since S2 was better than S1 (IMO of course), I hope S3 will live up to their expectations, both commercially and artistically.

johnbud

Auditioning
I was watching E! News Weekend and the TV reporter said that Kim will be back in Season 3 and that

the show will take place 3 years in the future and she will be working with Jack as an agent.

If it didn't "jump the shark" when Kim was in the mountain lion trap, I think it may have now.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I disagree. I mentioned it in the other thread, but if you look at how Kim was handled last year, she was at her best when they wrote her as strong and capable during the first few hours, when she fought back against her employer, never actually saying "I survived being kidnapped and held hostage by professionals and you don't scare me" but acting that way.

Of course, you then have to wonder about CTU's recruitment standards. Don't most law enforcement/intelligence agencies look for college graduates or at least military service?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks