What's new

24 Season One: Some afterthoughts (1 Viewer)

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Spoilers regarding season 1.
I just finished this set on DVD. It’s unfortunate that Nina was a spy! She was hot! I figured that it was her since the safe house attack. Ok and I had bought season 2 before and didn't see her picture on the box! :b
Surprisingly Terri’s death didn’t shock me. I didn’t realize she was dead. They had done many "thinking he/she is dead" stunts that I thought she is shot but surly OK and the next time we would see her on Season 2. It’s later starting season 2 that I realized she is dead.
I wish we saw more at the end. Like Nina talking more to the characters she knew. She exited so quickly, I would have loved a longer and closer talk between her and Jack or even Tony!
I just learned that the show was supposed to be 12 episodes. It’s interesting because in my post I wanted to say they should have called it 12 instead of 24 because the first 12 episodes worked so well and felt complete! (And also our hot Nina would have stayed good!) :D

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Just finished season 2 and damn what a end! What the assasin the same girl fromt he airplane from season 1?

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Jarrett,

this is a thread about Season 1, so any info on season 2 events should be spoiler free.
And the answer to your question is yes.

Chris

Greg Walker

Stunt Coordinator
I just finished season one a few weeks ago as well. I had to hold off on season 2 because my wife and I were finding it impossible to stop watching it (and our baby and toddler were not very accomodating in letting us sleep in).:) The only problem now is that I wish I hadn't been watching season three all along because I feel like I know way too much about what is going to happen.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I wish we saw more at the end. Like Nina talking more to the characters she knew. She exited so quickly, I would have loved a longer and closer talk between her and Jack or even Tony!
There were additional moments in the UK version, where Nina talked more to Terry. The US DVD was rushed out and didn't include the extended scenes.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I just finished season one a few weeks ago as well. I had to hold off on season 2 because my wife and I were finding it impossible to stop watching it
I had the same problem. I was completely surprised at how much I was sucked into this show and couldnt turn it off.
I was a "24" addict for about a month with each show.
I think you will like Season 2 as well.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Just finished watching Season One, literally (like ten minutes ago!). With the exception of a few weak episodes in the second half of the season (pretty much most of disc five) and some logic/credibility gaps, it is STILL one of the finest TV shows ever! I had no interest in the show, but a friend recommended it so highly I thought I would at least watch disc one. HOOKED!!!! The ending of the season was far more satisfying than the "alternate" ending. Can't wait for Season Two!

MatS

Screenwriter
yearly bump ;)
after having my first experience with this great show just recently end with the finally of Season 4 I cracked open the Season 1 set (I had purchased during the middle of season 4 but waited till that was over to view) and had myself a 24 marathon the last 2 days.
what a ride
this was as good if not better than the most recent season
who would have thought Dennis Hopper would be the weakest cast member of the whole show (he was awful)

looks like I'm gonna have to pick up Season's 2 and 3 (and of course 4 when it is released)

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
Isn't season one awesome? =)

I have yet to see Season 4, which I hear is amazing. I always wait for the DVDs. So, I'd rank 'em...

Season 1
Season 3
Season 2

I don't know why people generally disliked Season 3. I thought it was very good.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I've seen every episode of all seasons. I'd rank them like this:

1. Season 1 - despite the mid-season "wrap-up" (when they weren't sure they'd finish a whole season) and some weaker episodes thereafter. Just the newness of the concept and how it kept you interested from episode to episode made this one really good - and it's hard to beat the unexpected twists and emotional aspect of the concluding episodes.

2. Season 4

3. Season 3

4. Season 2

It's getting harder to imagine what they can do next, but I hope they come up with something intriguing for 5 and 6.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
My ranking:
Season 1 - The 2nd half isn't as tightly plotted, but the freshness of the concept managed to salvage even the weakest episodes. Victor Drazen's accent was brutal though. :)
Season 4 - If you accept the fact that this season's plotline is beyond absurd, even in the 24 universe, it's a helluva lot of fun. And it has the most solid final run of episodes since Season 1.
Season 2 - The season rocked for the first 2/3s, but fell apart in the final third. Also, Kim's storyline was preposterous(and I don't just mean a certain "trap").
Season 3 - The polar opposite of Season 2. It meandered for the first 2/3s and seemed to be going nowhere. Ironically, it finally got going in the last third of the season AFTER a rather popular character was disposed of. After that it was as good as 24 has ever been....at least until the final 2 episodes where it ran out of gas.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Year 1 is the best, Year 2 a close second. Haven't seen Year 3 and didn't think Year 4 was as good as what came before it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks