What's new

24: Season One - final art and confirmed specs (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Or they could do a limited run of a "special" cover art that is voted on by the fans and use the current art for the regular sets.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The cover art is either a rip off of the glowing red eye of Arnold Schwarzenager in one of the Terminator movie posters, or of Arnold Schwarzenager in Total Recall.

But whatever, I'll still get it, even if I prefered all the promo art for all the various VHS tapes they've sent out (the glowing orange 24 on black).

But the disc art looks nice, anyway.

Talking about cliched and bad art of the "face" variety, Harrison Ford on the K19 poster is the second actor this year to do a "what's that smell?" nostril flare, joining The Rock in The Scorpion King in the "most stupid expression" category.

Matt Wooten

Second Unit
well i hadn't seen the R2 box art but i looked at it and i must say that is a hellofalot better. for those that haven't seen the box art (like myself) here you go.. :D

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
This is a series that I really wanted to watch but couldn't find the time to keep up with it. So I'm really pleased to see it on DVD so soon. And since my Fox signal is almost unwatchable, it will be really nice to have a clear picture (anamorphic widescreen yet), no commercials, and the ability to see the whole story in a short period of time. Maybe I'll set aside a 24 hour period and watch it in "real time". Now, that would really be cool if I could stay awake.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
My bad. Figured it was already said and didn't know the admins would put in spoiler tags. I'll be a bit more cautious next time.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think the R2 art is more fitting for the series, but overall, neither is THAT good. But the content of the series is the most important thing.

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
It is a pretty nasty case when compared to the UK version. Oh well, First time I'll go out of my way to get something from DVDCoverArt or one of you guys.
Maybe I'll set aside a 24 hour period and watch it in "real time". Now, that would really be cool if I could stay awake.
That didn't stop Jack Bauer!!! :D

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Does anybody have a definitive answer on as to whether each episode is the broadcast version or a full hour?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Man, that means they're only around 40-45 minutes. I was hoping they would somehow extend them to a full hour each.

Oh well, it's still an amazing series.

Mark E J

Second Unit
As far as the endings go, I think there were only two endings shot.

Ending 1 was to be shown if the show was picked up for a second season. Ending 2 was to be shown if the series was canceled. As I understand it the "third" ending was just an alternate version of Ending 1. i.e. Bauer's wife is shot in both versions of Ending 1 but in one version she is still awake at the end. Leaving the question of wether or not she'll die open until next season. But essentially it is the same ending: Bauer's wife is killed. The brodcast version just tells you this outright instead of leaving it to next season.

My guess is that the ending on the DVD will be Ending 2, which would have been brodcast if the show was canceled. i.e. Bauer saves his wife, kills the bad guys, and everyone lives happily ever after.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
That's definetly region 2, UK release date and it's got that '15' rating logo and was a "preliminary" art, they've now added pics on the front but maybe that's how the back of it looks after the specs paper is removed after you unpack it, like with X Files and other sets.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
I'm surprised the post production houses aren't mixing and mastering the soundtracks of newer TV shows in 5.1 surround for potential HDTV broadcasts.

Maybe they are and Fox (and other studios releasing TV content) did not look hard enough for the 5.1 masters.

Dan

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It did well enough and received a lot of praise from the critics. It didn't do amazingly great or anything, but it did well enough.

I'm just wondering if they're shooting the second season in HD and doing a 5.1 mix for an HDTV broadcast or even for the DVD set...

JonathanBlack

Auditioning
I certainly agree the R2 box art is better, in fact that preliminary version without the pictures and with only the '24' on the front is even better IMHO. The yellow-on-black color scheme is definitely the show's trademark look if you ask me; I'm puzzled as to where the red-on-white look that we are now seeing on the R1 box has suddenly come from. However, at the end of the day, box art is not the deciding factor for me, I will be ordering the R1 version as I do not care for PAL speedup ;)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
It came from the "we need to justify our existence" team at the domestic fox box-art creator department.

Dana Fillhart

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking Fox might have different contractual obligations to some of the supporting cast and might've had to pay additional royalties for using their likeness in non-television-related promotions; notice the box in the Promo pic above doesn't have any faces on it (which, for some reason, I actually like better -- makes the glowing "24" stand out more). Perhaps they expect to sell a far smaller percentage of boxsets in R2 compared to R1, so (going by my theory) the royalties would be tolerable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks