What's new

24 Season Four Announced! (1 Viewer)

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Why is Shannen Doherty listed on one of the Commentaries? She hasnt dont ANYTHING for 24 as far as I know. Of course, if she's just a fan, then that's cool, but I'd still like to know why she's there.
All in all, though, this is going to be an AMAZING DVD set. (Ahem, Fox... About Season 1...)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Don't forget that season 1 was the FIRST time a show was released on DVD before the upcoming season. To say it was rushed is an understatement.

Gord

Daniel-M

Second Unit
Hm, that was alot of commentraies, but since you have to wait so much longer than we in region 2 didyou deserve somethiing extra. We only got 2

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Wow, 12 commentaries! Not only do they have the usual commentary suspects (actors, writers, directors, producers), they've even got the composer and production designer on tracks. Too bad Keifer Sutherland isn't on there but on the Season Two and Three sets, he was pretty quiet anyway. A ton of deleted scenes and I'm sure that the behind the scenes stuff will be as good as the other sets.

What is the 'Season Four Director's Cut promo'?

This seems like it'll be one of the best releases of the year!

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
No clue on that. I emailed Gord and he wasn't sure; hopefully he can find out from 20th Century Fox.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
Are you 100% certain? It sounds more like a separate DVD release of 24 Season 4 in a Director's Cut version. Unless they're adding into the bridge.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

That's what it sounded like to me too but even that seems a little unlikely. Why would they advertise a 'better' upcoming edition on it? They'd just sell the first one and then a few months later announce the re-release like they do with movies.

And if it's just the Season Four prequel as mentioned above, that doesn't make much sense either since that was on the Season Three set.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Daniel-M is right. It's the season 4 prequel that was already on the season 3 set, only about half a minute longer (hence "Director's Cut"). I'm not quite sure what's been added though.

And yes, I'm sure about this as I have the Region 2 version which contains it and also calls it "Season Four Director's Cut promo". It has commentary by Jon Cassar, but I haven't listened to it yet.

Not on the first release. But when the set was reissued a few month's later at a lower price, it miraculously appeared on disc 6!

Oh, and by the way: 10 more commentaries than the R2?? That's it. I'm switching to R1 starting next year. :angry:

Chris

ravma

Stunt Coordinator
Gord,
Yeah, I know. What I was hinting at was the fact that they need to double dip with Season 1. I know I'd buy a Special Edition with 5.1 and lots of extras!

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited they're including the 24-minute Conspiracy thing. I was hoping for that. My preorder is in!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else pick this up yet?

So far, it's a really good set (I'm up to the third disc). To my untrained eyes, it looks and sounds even better than the S2 and S3 sets.

I checked out the prequel and it's pretty good but nothing you need to see to enjoy Season Five. It does clarify a few things that I was wondering about like if Kim knows that Jack is alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks