What's new

24 - Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I don't want to read the spoiler(or know anything about S5 for that matter), but I have to say that I'm not real thrilled with the addition of Sean Astin to the cast. Never been a big fan of his and don't really think he'll add much to the show. :thumbsdown:

James T

Screenwriter
Has anyone seen the S4 DVD yet? They did the same thing with the extras on the new set, including a S5 prequel.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
A guest appearance spoiler can be found at imdb:

Our good friend Elisha Cuthbert is back as Kim Bauer in episodes 7, 8, 9, and 10. We can only hope she will be wearing hot outfits and will not be chased by wild animals.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I caugh another preview during Fox's Sunday Shows last night (on my DVR)

I can't wait for this season... it looks great! Lots of action in the quick shots it shows. My first season of a show with my new Hi-Def TV... it's gonna be goood. :)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member

The only problem with watching in HD is that watching the DVD set afterward is something of a letdown. I am SO ready for a new season of 24! :emoji_thumbsup:

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
Mikel, I'm not watching the show for that. I've watched the show from Season 1 episode 1, and have been hooked ever since. I just found it interesting that they would do that. Also earlier posters seemed to want to know.

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Woohoo! It'll soon be time to watch the good ol' BBC! Not the British Broadcasting Corporation, but the Baeur Body Count! How many can he rack up this season? :D

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Okay...I just completed a 24 "marathon" where I watched all four seasons back-to-back (err...to-back-to-back) on DVD after having not seen any of them when they originally aired. It took me about 8 weeks to watch all four seasons. I guess you could say it hooked me. I will say, however, that I thought the seasons got progressively worse. I also have to strongly disagree about the comments that the pacing of the first one was slower than the rest. Yes, more "things" may have happened in the following seasons, but season one moved along at a much quicker, smoother pace. Seasons 2-4 were plagued with subplots, most of which deterred from the enjoyment for me. Season 2 had the whole thing with Kim and the abusive husband (BLEH), season 3 had the thing with Chase's baby (BLEH BLEH), as well as the Sherry Palmer/Miliken thing (which wasn't too bad, and actually contributed to the main plot in a way), season 4 had Driscoll's psycho daughter (BLEH BLEH BLEH).

To me it just seemed like in Season 1 it was total non-stop, Jack never got a second to breath. In the proceeding seasons, there was actually some downtime where Jack could collect his thoughts or deal with a relationship. Season 3 & 4 also took longer to get going in the beginning.

Not really complaints, just observations. Well, you could say the stuff about the "subplots" were complaints.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
And let's not forget about tomorrow's 2 tension-filled hours! :)

Just finished re-watching season 4 last night, and I'll be watching the S5 "prequel" from the DVDs tonight before the premiere.

While you're waiting for tonight's episodes, give Jack's cell phone a call (1-888-9-24-JACK) for a short preview.
http://www.jackscellphone.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks