1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

"24" Season 5 on Blu-ray...?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Jason Harbaugh, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Well-Known Member

While doing some research for something else, I stumbled on this interview with the DP's from the show 24. In the middle of it, this significant quote came out:
    full article

This was back in March/April and they do say 'probably', but it is good news that they were shooting the 'extras' in HD. Has there been any other news or announcements related to 24 and Blu-ray? It would be a great show for the format.

2. JediFonger

JediFonger Well-Known Member

they better do VC1 then =). enough of this MPEG2 crap.

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Well-Known Member

I would think that for a tv show, they would have to, to keep disc count down and quality still up. At least let's hope. [​IMG]

4. MarekM

MarekM Well-Known Member

wow [​IMG] I'd like to have 24 on blu-ray [​IMG] and several other shows like Prison Break, X-files, and many more .....

Marek

5. ppltd

ppltd Well-Known Member

Fox recently announced the date for the release of 24 on SD in December which would be the same release strategy they have used with the prior years releases of 24, just before the start of the next season. Nothing in the announcement mentioned a BR version. Doesn't mean it won't happen, though.

Thomas Eisenmann