What's new

24 season 3 (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I know a bit about S4 but not much. I want to be suprised when I watch it.

The only things I know are:
That Jack works for Dept of Defense and that there is a new President. No one is returning. Clean slate.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Ah, but there is something else about Season 4!Chloe O Brien will be returning as well! Everyone's favorite geeky girl that seems to get all her advice from self help seminars will be returning!
And I am happy for that too!

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
As for someone who has seen Season 1 (own it) and Season 2 but never saw Season 3, I was disappointed in the DVD's Episode List menu screen for Disc 3 because the background contains a spoiler! I hope there are no more spoilers on the discs (I'm still on Disc 3).

But I was glad that there was no spoiler for the scene with the President on the phone at the end of 10:00-11:00pm.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Keith, that was a major problem for me on the season 2 discs as well. Ever since that series i've always turned my head when selecting a new episode so I don't see the little spoiler backgrounds. I'm up to the third last episode and I must say i'm having just as much fun going through this series as the previous two. I don't watch them on TV because it just seems to flow much better than I can watch 5 episodes in a row. Sure it may not be the most well written show on TV but to me it is certainly some of the most entertaining.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Okay, thanks for the heads-up! I will "unfocus" my eyes or turn my head slightly (see what you're making us do, Fox?) when choosing the episodes. Now if there were a PLAY ALL feature, we wouldn't have this problem unless I couldn't watch all four episodes in one sitting!

I think that's why my wife and I stopped watching 24 on TV (we saw the first episode and then quit). The flow is so much better on DVD. But based on what we've seen so far this season, we will probably watch S4 (especially with all the 'changes') in a few weeks.

Maybe they should just make 24 solely for DVD after Season 4.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
This set has seven discs. At Netflix, I stumbled upon a 24: Season 4 Sneak Preview disc (24 minutes - ha!), an 8th disc!

http://www.netflix.com/MovieDisplay?...vieid=70020252

Is this part of the set or some kind of special promo disc only available in certain places (like rental stores) or those Best Buy-only deals?

For the 7th Bonus disc, it says "Season 4 Preview" but is this the short 5-minute story that was discussed at the beginning of this thread?

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

Actually, doesn't that spoiler appear on all the discs for Season 3? the montage of characters that appears with the 24 logo and music before the actual menu for that disc seems to include a character that is supposed to be a surprise.

I guess Fox figured since they ruined that plot point with the ads/previews that ran before the show aired they might as well ruin it for the DVD viewers who didn't see it.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Thank you very much for the heads up. It is now in my queue. :)

I will post more when I get it. I bumped it to the top so I should get it pretty soon.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
Notice the ABCNews.com article says that the Monday, January 10 2-hour airing is a repeat of Sunday, January 9. Don't know what's correct but we'll definitely know come Jan. 10.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Anybody know if there will be a season 3 marathon?

Seasons 1 and 2 had 24 hour marathons broadcast by FX a week or two before the new seasons began. I'm hoping they do the same with season 3, yet haven't seen any info on it.

With my luck I already missed it or maybe FX has decided against a marathon this year. If anybody has some info, please let me know.

Also, regarding season 4, I recently saw a commercial that stated January 9th would have episodes 1 and 2, with Monday the 10th having episodes 3 and 4.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think FX is doing a marathon this year since they didn't play the weekly reruns this year. Although they did play a few of the Season Three episodes, it wasn't a regular program so I guess there won't be a marathon which is lame.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the information Travis. Was looking forward to a marathon, but it looks unlikely.

Will probably settle for renting the DVDs. This series doesn't really work well for repeat viewings, at least for me. Once is usually enough since the suspense isn't there the second time around.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I thought that would be a problem when I bought the first season on DVD after having seen it on TV. However, I found it to be nearly just as gripping the second time.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I finished up Season 3 in about 4 days. I only watched about 4 episodes when it was on TV and then gave up. I kept hearing about how the season went downhill in the middle, but never really noticed it on DVD. It flows so well being able to watch them all in a row. If you have a week episode, go ahead and watch the next one, it will probably be better. This is by far the best way to enjoy the show.

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
It might be. According to Netflix's description, it is a 24 minute "clip" from the season premiere. I should be receiving it tomorrow so I'll report here unless someone else does it before me.

My wife and I also just finished the entire season in a little over a week and we agree that it is better as DVDs than on TV. We liked the storyline better than Season 2. There's another thread about spoilers on DVDs and this one has several of them!

Fox: BAD studio! ;)

UPDATE: I actually got this sneak preview disc today. It is the first 27 minutes of the season premiere. It's slightly underwhelming but it does leave you wanting to know more. Chloe is back as her usual self. Lana Parilla (Teresa the paramedic from Boomtown) is working in CTU. It is 4x3 fullscreen with Dolby Digital 2.0 audio.

Also included are the Season 4 Promo, a Jonny Zero preview (looks pretty good), and upcoming movies, DVDs, etc. from Fox. The Murder One promo is anamorphic widescreen interestingly (where as the regular DVD will be fullscreen).

RichP

Second Unit
Season 3 was going pretty well, until the awful, awful writing in the last episode.

I mean COME ON!!!!!
Gael's wife just happens to find a gun in his desk AND also happens to know that Saunders is the man responsible even though she has NO POSSIBLE WAY of knowing that.

That's just lazy lazy writing in order to pad out the hour,

Well, at least with virtually everyone dead
they can start fresh for Season 4.

I was extremely disappointed with the writing at the end of S3.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
I just watched the 24 S4 27min promo disc.

This looks to be a kick ass season if the promos and the opener are any indication.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks