What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 9 - 01/07/03 - It's back! (1 Viewer)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I think it's all going to go back around with the militia guys...ala John Doe #2 from OKC being seen with mcveigh...and later thought to be atta from 911.

Have to wait and see...

Jay W

Supporting Actor
wow, that was a great episode - nice way to make a comeback!
The part with Marie was a little corny, saw that one coming. My first experience watching it in 480p/widescreen was pretty positive too!, couldn't help grinning from ear to ear :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think my prediction will bear out:

That Marie has been the one setting up poor hubby-to-be Resa all this time, and perhaps along with Bob.

Once again, an amazing last 10 minutes where the writers set up some tense situations (too bad they don't give the good guys much wiggle room when the baddie force the action, like Nina).

Brent_H

Second Unit
marie is behind it all. mark my words. remember, expect the unexpected in this show. actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Palmer is behind it all!!! haha just kiddin.......anyways
Matt....I agree, Dennis's performance nearly brought me to tears in the end :)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Wow! I couldn't wait and this episode blew me away. At first I was begging for Nina to be alive, when Jack found her face down in the chair, I was begging the screen for what seemed like forever until I saw was relieved to see her breathing again, my baby nearly died.
And of course that was a rocket that hit the plane, it was obvious and I don't know what the debate of some explosive on the plane being detonated was about.
Shades of Scarface!
Yeah, I saw that coming from a bit in the preview 3 weeks ago, and that's probably the main reason for the new warning, or maybe it's just one of the new laws for 2003 for TV, or whatever.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Poor Al Sapienza (Paul the hacker/PI hired by Kate), he seems to meet gruesome demises on TV on a regular basis nowadays (he got whacked on The Sopranos a few seasons back as well).

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
I'm also glad to see that not much was revealed in the preview of next weeks show,hardly anything about Jack's fate, or Kate Warner's
It is likely the show will probably focus on these stories the most, but who knows. Also,it was clear someone knew of the planes flight path. The soldiers their after the crash, the ones sent to kill or capture the survivors (take your pic which, but arguably to kill them) were their within minutes. It could be possible someone from CTU knew. Could it have been Michelle? She seems to innocent to be a mole, but then remember Nina from last season? Also, not much is known about Michelle, and not much focuses on her. It is usually this that leads to a twist in the episode.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
I can't believe I survived the 24 hiatus. Whew.

As it's already been said, tonight's (actually it's last night's ) episode was an amazing one. O_M_G! Jaw is still on the floor. It's gonna be a long week--it may feel longer than the break--for that next episode.

Is it me, or did Jack have a "smirk" on his face that said, "I'm still in control" Especially with that last line of dialogue(which I must say does belong up there with "I'll be back!"), it makes me believe that he's got something planned.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

Dan M~

Second Unit
Was that a Dewalt right angled grinder? ;)
Tough stuff for TV!!
Why did Nina not shoot Jack right away, knowing she had the info to negotiate a pardon?
Is the father with (or being handled by) the CIA or not?? That has not been checked out by CTU yet??? They should have that story by now.
Option #1: I think Jack did something to the gun, making it inoperable. Remember Jack gave Nina the ammo bag and probably had a good idea about how many clips it held.
Option #2: The nuke never made it to the house that Nina has the address for. The delivery boys had a little "missunderstanding"... the one surviver was having second thoughts/is running scared. So Nina will NOT get her pardon (Palmer said that it had to checkout).
The show keeps you thinking...
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Dan,

That's what I was thinking too. Nina could have shot Jack straight away, knowing she still was the only one with the info for the bomb. Then she could have traded that for immunity.

How would immunity work, anyway? If CTU find the bomb, couldn't they just renege? It's not like anyone outside of government people heard the granting of immunity from Palmer.

Joe

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Patrick, I meant the official one for this episode.

What was nice about the hours of the day is sometimes, in tracking these one forgets which hour, (8 or 9) they are up to, but can easily check the hour of the day they last saw, if they have a tape.

aldamon

Second Unit
Option #1: I think Jack did something to the gun, making it inoperable. Remember Jack gave Nina the ammo bag and probably had a good idea about how many clips it held.
Nope, the gun works fine. Nina shot a few warning shots at Jack when his back was turned.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Nope, not an option. One of the first things she did was fire off a few bursts just to the left of Jack to make it known she was ready to rock n'roll. The gun is working just fine, and still has half a clip of ammo or more left.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
Wild Speculation Time:

Could he have poisoned her somewhere along the line? I forget if he gave her a drink at CTU. He could have spiked her dring with a slow acting poison and only he has the antidote, that would save him. He could tell her right before she was going to pull the trigger.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I wish Nina kills Jack at the end of everything, that'd be perfect, and then during the first episode of Day 3, she could pay a visit to Kim and finish her off too, total victory, all Bauers dead. :b

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think they had to get rid of the little girl because she's at that age where over the course of 7-9 months, she might get a growth spurt and look a lot older by hour 24 vs. hour 1. :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Wow! This season is beginning to make last season look like a day at Disneyland.
IMO, the end of the episode was by far Dennis Haysbert's best performance of the season.
Agreed - I think Haysbert locked himself into an Emmy nom in those 5 minutes. IMO, the final 10-15 minutes of this episode was as good as television gets.

BTW, I'm with Matt - I'm no longer watching the previews. And whenever I see a "24" promo on Fox I'm skipping past it (I watch everything on TiVo). Too much spoilage.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Will this be replayed again before next week? I knew it was on yesterday, but I forgot to record it :frowning: :angry:

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
Yes, F/X will run it over the weekend and I think either Fox or F/X will play it again Monday night at 11pm so you can get caught up before the Tuesday night show.

Craig P

Stunt Coordinator
Observation - They agreed to give Nina immunity for murdering Jack. They didn't agree to let her do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks