What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 6 - 12/03/02 (1 Viewer)

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yeah, like I thought, it's the sisters' father, Bob Warner, the possible mastermind. Now Kate will think Reza, is framing her father, plus Marie is all pissed off.
Sherry's back, nosing around, making allegations and Palmer even more paranoid.
But all of that, and especially Kim's segments, pale in comparison with Nina's stuff! The only thing that worries me is where its heading and how he treats her, chokes, etc "just to scare her" :eek:
Walks into a room, takes out a gun, and takes two shots at her, bastard! :angry:
He drugged that guy to be alone with her, she's all sweating in the hot van, I love her:

Fox, the channel with the best series, for some reason is transmitted in very bad quality through digital cable.
Anyway, if the writers that made an intelligent, sneaky character like Nina do a stupid move like shoot at moving SUV when she just should have gotten her ass out of there last season, I sure hope they don't let Jack kill her, otherwise I'll be VERY disappointed in this series. They wanna break new ground? The "villain" LIVES at the end of 24 episodes, that's how you do it. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Jack had to be laughing on the inside when Nina was trying her mind games on Miller (the guy Jack drugged). Jack knew Nina would be trying to pit 2 guys' machismo against one another.
Bob Warner is involved, but there's more bigger fish in the food chain of this nuke threat. He's the money guy, not the mastermind.
Michelle's (the CTU agent) reaction was pretty realistic when she just watched Jack attempt to scare the beejezus out of Nina.
Sometimes David Palmer comes off as so politically naive in spots, it makes you wonder how he really won the election. Lady McPalmer might actually turn out to help save the day (but given her past, it may reflect a change in her character borne from crisis. The audience may never trust throughout the season, but in the end she'll surprise us and do the right thing. I think that's how the whole mistrust setup is being used in this early part of the season).
Michelle Forbes character, Lynne, will probably turn out to have some ties to the nuke threat. They spent too much time getting the president to trust her (and dispatching Rayburn) to not to have a traitorous payoff at the end. I'll be surprised if she remains on the good side in the end. The bad thing would be to have yet another female as the traitor if this were to happen.
The whole "Stanton as a dummy" thing didn't quite ring true. He may be the one that tipped off Lady McBeth since he put the military evac in motion. I don't buy the "I should have double checked Rayburn's directives" excuse.
Of course, it won't take them too long to fly to wherever it is they need to take Nina, will it? :D

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Lenny, that's what they did last season. ;)
Also, are we sure Jack drugged that guy? Or could it have been someone working for Nina's company, i.e. Jack could open up those van doors next week and find himself in a lot of trouble.
Two tickets to Mexico City? Methinks someone else knows about the bomb...

Paul E. Fox II

Second Unit
Not a problem Mike...I was just trying to get up the excitement for this show. Our Fox rep contacted us last week AFTER the show and asked us to step up the promotion of last nights episode because "it was the best of the season so far!" or something to that effect.
I particularly liked the smug little look Miguel gave Mr. Bad Father right before he "Open the Can of Whoop-A**":)! But as I elaborated to in my first post...how could they be STUPID ENOUGH to steal the guys car????? Yeah, the police won't be all over them in a New York Minute for that!!!!
While there are many problems wth this show as far as the real-time aspect goes but it's still a very daring hour of Network Televsion!

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Excellent hour. I cheered Jack's drugging of Miller. He's really putting the screws to Nina. She should be ****ting herself right about now.

Lady McPalmer will be an asset this season, I beleive, but that doesn't mean that she's not still in it for herself. I don't think there is anyone I trust implicitly on Palmer's staff. Currently I trust Jack, Palmer, Mason, and Almeida.

Kim is an idiot, but she's got Spirit. I hope she can make it out of LA without doing something else to get herself in trouble, but I doubt it. What do you do when you get arrested? Tell the police why you are fleeing the city?

Palmer considerred the possibility tonight that an American planned and executed the helicopter crash to sabbotage the diplomats. Is it possible that an American planned the nuclear attack to license the country to go to war?

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
how could they be STUPID ENOUGH to steal the guys car?????
It's in-character for Kim, unfortunately. For a moment there I thought she was being smart, by taking his keys so he couldn't follow them. Of course, if she'd just done that much, it'd be the end of the Kim subplot.

And now, in readiness for next week's ep:

The 24 Drinking Game
====================

Take one sip of your favourite alcoholic beverage when:

* Jack loses it
* Kim avoids an easy way out of danger (twice if she instead makes the stupidest decision available)
* Someone gets around LA too fast
* Someone lies to Palmer (twice if it's for his own good)
* Nina gives a dastardly look towards camera
* Mason tries to stop Jack doing something (twice if he actually succeeds)
* Characters seem to be standing still during the missing minutes in the last advert break
* Megan complains that her head hurts
* Jack tries to contact Kim (twice if he succeeds, three times if she follows his advice)
* Mason coughs (twice if anyone notices)
* Squeaky-clean Palmer does something underhanded (for the sake of the country)
* The blonde sisters have an argument (twice if you don't consider the scene to be filler material)
* Jack breaks the rules (twice if it involves killing someone)
* Somebody tries to get a message to Palmer and fails
* Jack's dead wife is mentioned (five times if it's added how annoying she was)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
* The blonde sisters have an argument (twice if you don't consider the scene to be filler material)
Three times if they use the phrase "I'm your sister." :rolleyes
:D Great episode! Come on guys...you really think Reza wouldn't lie to get out of the situation or buy some time. Just because he point the finger at Warner doesn't mean he's not guilty. ;) (I thing Warner is dirty too, but I also am maintaining the possibility that Reza is lying, and so should Tony.)
And that look Jack gave Nina at the end was absolutely priceless. Jack is the man!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Reza is still not out of the woods. Plus, think about it, if Marie and Reza got hitched, their honeymoon exit would be a sufficient natural cover for them to get out of the blast radius this day. Does Bob have any plans to be out of the city? Maybe, maybe not. But I still think Bob isn't all that innocent (because, remember, Bob did have Reza "checked" out - this he told to Kate).

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Also, are we sure Jack drugged that guy? Or could it have been someone working for Nina's company, i.e. Jack could open up those van doors next week and find himself in a lot of trouble.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yes, because in the next episode when Nina complains to another agent by the plane that Jack drugged the guy, he just says "ok" ignoring her.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Too many people know about the nuke threat now. It won't be long till everyone knows.
I wonder if they will take the show in the direction that the public gets the information about a nuke threat. Will they take it so far as to cause mass panic that impacts Jack's abilities to find the bomb and causes the military to move in and declare martial law in LA? Kim is gonna get arrested for sure since she stole the car. I bet eventually she takes the police on a chase in the car and ends up crashing it into whatever vehicle is carrying the nuke, just as Jack comes flying around the corner carrying the head of Nina in one hand and pistol in the other.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Is it possible that an American planned the nuclear attack to license the country to go to war?
If, in the end, it turns out that this plot was carried out by "hard-liners" in the Pentagon as an excuse to go to war, I will never watch this show again. Surely the writers aren't so stupid as to use such a lame plot.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I think Jack's reaction would have been considerably less pleasant if someone other than he had drugged Miller. Agents don't usually smile when they see their colleagues suddenly lose consciousness for unknown reasons.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Great F*in show!

Man what a rush last night. I ended up watching a tape that I made earlier. Excellent show and it's only getting better.

I'm definetly playing the drinking game next week!

Gotta feeling i'm gonna be hammered.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Kim is gonna get arrested for sure since she stole the car.
Remember that the owner of that car, father of the girl, what's his name, was cacelling his previous engagements and ordering tickets to Mexico on the cell phone. He did something else besides beating his wife and daughter.

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
Last night while at the very beginning... my cable picture went nuts. I lost the entire picture and sound! in the midst of freaking out i realized that there were two fox channels with the cable company that i have! thank god

This is by far the best show... and about kim... dont even get me started

Tom Foley

Stunt Coordinator
What a redeeming episode. It's been a while since I laughed as hard as I did after Jack gave that smile to Nina at the end. Also, lots of great double-edged swords being presented to characters all over the place.

So after Kim (and her Tae-bo boyfriend) have racked up kidnapping, burglary, assault, and grand theft-auto, what are the chances they can just drive to her aunt's house like she was told? Lemme guess, they'll forget to check the fuel gauge.

Add to the drinking game: Someone says to Megan, "Now, Megan, you know I love you, right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks