What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 22 - 5/6/03 (1 Viewer)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Tom, that reminds me, a great episode for Tony. If he was given the opportunity, he could be bad-ass in the field.

Hoping they knock out whats-her-name next.

"Where'd half the staff go?"

"Um, they're in interrogation room D. Mind if I borrow this helicopter?"

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Tom, that reminds me, a great episode for Tony. If he was given the opportunity, he could be bad-ass in the field.
Ahh, but he already has been. From season 1:

{Rod Serling Voice} Consider if you will, this agent...a man of duty in the field...defending all that is good. Teri Bauer, a struggling kidnappee is in trouble with a Drazen assasin at large. One man, said "agent," is the lone source of hope... {/Rod Serling Voice}

Gotta love the artist formerly known as "Soul Patch."

Jay W

Supporting Actor
Not a bad episode, but I felt it let up a little after the last few. I guess some groundwork had to be done but overall it revealed much less than I had anticipated. I think everyone can agree that the events surrounding Kim were rather humorous as usual, but at least they tied up that side of the 'story' ;).

James T

Screenwriter
Great episode. I can't remember Sherry's exact quote, but Jack was looking at the ground and when she was done, Jack's head slowly moved up and he had that 'I'm gonna need a hack saw' look in his eyes. And even after that, more classic Jack, using every threat he can make to get the job done.

The only thing I didn't like was the ending. Why would Jack order Kim to kill him. Jack knows the situation, and although he wasn't there, he knew he was unconscious and had just started to move. Maybe this is a set up to write Kim off at the end of the season as she's spending jail time for manslaughter.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Given what Kim has been through, killing him was the only way to be sure. She had the gun, and before he came to and got it away from her, she definitely should have shot him. The only mistake was that the second safety shot should have been to the brain, although maybe that would have been unnecessarily traumatizing (to Kim)....

Manslaughter should not be an issue, given that the guy just attacked/killed the cop outside, the same day that the guy had killed his wife, and he was coming after Kim.

//Ken

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Classy episode. Looks like everyone is taking tips from Jack and going "Bauer". Tony on Chapelle (reminiscant of Jack tranqing Mason in 1.01), programmer nut on Lady McP, Kim on PsychoDad...

The scenes with Palmer, Mike and the security chief were terrific. Especially Palmer's "shame on you" line - I wonder what will happen to Mike (if anything) when Lynn gets out of hospital (which I hope she does next week!).

Shoot, Kim, shoot! :)

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
Manslaughter should not be an issue, given that the guy just attacked/killed the cop outside, the same day that the guy had killed his wife, and he was coming after Kim.
Some more evidence would be the drugs (or cash) that he had taken from the lamp and packed for his flight.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
when Lynn gets out of hospital (which I hope she does next week!).
I'd be surprised if we see her out of the hospital a few hours after see fell 20 - 30 ft. and messed up her nerves.

Agreed, that the scenes with Palmer, Mike, and the security officer were great. Palmer just rules.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually in the NY daily news yesterday there was a little article concerning next season. Nothing big out of the ordinary but ill put it all in spoiler tags anyway since they mention one charector who will come back :)

Keifer said in a canadien tv magazine that they have been planning the 3rd season since the 2nd season started. The finale will lead into season 3 , and Sarah Winter will be in season 3.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another very entertaining hour of 24. I let out a little cheer when Sherrie got stabbed because it's ironic since she's a backstabbing lil' beeyotch herself. She deserved whatever pain/death she gets for her role in this whole ordeal.

Kim's gonna get her own show if she keep listening to her dad, mad props to Kim for actually listening and doing what needed to be done. If that doesn't rank high in father-daughter bonding on TV, nothing will!

(Of course, I also wonder what was the urgency to go to Gary's house to pick up her stuff in the early morning hours, that was just plot-driven writing, with no real logic applied to it. Will we find out if Gary had anything to do with the plot to overthrow Palmer now?)

Man, I want to see Mike fry for his role in all of this as well. Palmer will take care of the Secret Service guy who helped him.

I figured that Tony would have to take out Chappelle for a few hours given the change in the command structure. Glad Tony and Michelle are having some good character building moments. Would not mind seeing the tattletale get busted down to data-entry clerk for her role "this day".

I had to laugh when Jack called Kate and she was in a bubble bath. She far too relaxed to not be in on something sinister. I'd be happy if she was "clean", but that's just whacked to be taking a bubble bath at that time (shower, sure, but bubble bath?)

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Why wouldn't that be surprising? Jack was *dead* just two hours ago...
And did anyone else notice Jack clutching his chest and grimacing at one point in the last act, just before Lady McPalmer gets the knife?

Either the writers decided he recovered too fast and wrote that in, or Jack hasn't fully recovered from his trauma.

Looks like we'll get more Kim next week. Must need something to cut to while the chopper is en route to Jack... there's no other reason for a Kim appearance other than to fill time.

-Scott

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
Once Palmer gave the green light to Jack that you can't trust Sherrie, he lit up like a kid in a candy store, the gloves stay off. How Sherrie justifies shipping a nuclear bomb into the US as revenge on her ex is another huge leap of faith that the viewers must make.

I though Palmer was going to go off a couple of times on Mike, when this thing wraps you're gonna see him hauled away in irons and chains.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I've had complaints about the show the past few weeks but I realized last night that it's the microstories that keep this humming even if the macrostory is a bit lame. It's really been 'Jack has the evidence, he's bringing it to CTU'. Then at the end of each show, something happens to prevent him - Kate and the guy getting attacked, the chip getting destroyed, the guy escaping. It's a bit like Gilligan's Island.

But the individual scenes all play out extremely well, especially last night. I really liked how Jack had to play Mr. Nice Guy one moment, and prompt his daughter to shoot a man the next. I liked the way Tony and Michelle got nasty. The only thing missing was a Palmer jail break!

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Man, Kim and Kate are both morons. Sure Kim was stupid for going into the house by herself. If I experienced her day, I wouldn't take a piss without having 3 armed officers inside the room with me. And the same goes for Kate. She was kidnapped earlier, and her sister was founded to be a terrorist, and she sends the cop home? Jack must feed off their dependability for him.

But it still was a great episode. I like how you saw how selfish Sherrie was in the end.. "help me.." Plus I think Tony has definitely redeemed himself. When did he start believing Jack, and when did Jack figure out that he can be trusted? With all the action the past couple episodes, I've forgotten that.

Ty Zucker

Stunt Coordinator
Tony has started believing Jack a little bit at a time over the past several episodes because he's noticed that the command structure has determined the outcome without seeing the evidence Jack claims to have - even in light of the attempted chipnapping & sniper fire.

Kate is not up to anything. She was simply letting off stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks