What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 18 - 4/8/03 (1 Viewer)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
24 got me back in the 24 mood again after tonight, although the Palmer scenes are starting to bore me, and the amputation threatened to slip the whole thing into soap opera territory.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Once again the political angle of the plot looks like it was written by paranoid wackos who haven't paid any attention to current events in the last year and a half. Frankly I thought the idea that there would be rioting up and down both coasts and lynch mobs wanting to "go to war" against Arabs in their neighborhoods was just insulting. Maybe before 9/11 Hollywood could get away with that (Under Seige), but today that scenario is pretty far from the reality of what actually happened when there was a large scale terrorist attack. WTF were the writers thinking.

And pretty much everything else about the episode was predictable too. I'm quickly losing interest in this show, they should have made it a 13-ep season that ended shortly after the bomb went off, because at this point they're just flailing around trying to be more and more exiting/suspenseful and failing miserably.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
WOW! After last episode which really put me off, this one is excellent, but with a show like 24 you gotta forgive some less involving parts because it's all planned out and you can't just skip, as it's "real time".
What an excellent hour, Kim did stand up for that guy in the store, and confessed to everything else, police are not charging her as they know that guy killed her wife and is on the run, she even called her boyfriend who lost a BLEEPING LEG cause of her! :eek: I knew something was wrong, I thought maybe he's paralyzed, but he lost a whole leg.
Then those shooters were indeed the same team that tried to kill Gregg Henry's character earlier, and such cool shootouts and confrontation in CTU between Michelle and Tony, and my favorite GMC Yukon XL got full of holes, and the chip is "inside...inside" "Inside where?" asks Jack, INSIDE HIM! Ha! That was a great ending.
Oh and the riots, awesome, I love that grand scale feeling, how Arabs are getting pummeled, racial hate, and then the national guard that's there to protect them kills a middle-eastern child with a rubber bullet, that's so true, I love this show. :emoji_thumbsup:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping they would go with the paralyzed-angle for Miguel, but they went for more of the shocking amputation (but whose leg heals up like that in less than 12 hours after being amputated?).

I remembered that when Jack was using his metal detector on "Wallace" that he had "bullet/sharpnel" in his ribcage area, so it was pretty obvious where he was keeping the info, but you have to wonder if "Wallace" was really going to give it up once he was on the plane.

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
Exactly how could Coral Snake Dude give it up once he was on the plane? He was supposed to get on the plane, and then tell Jack where the chip was, which would do Jack absolutely no good. So either this isn't the right chip, OR he had no intention of helping Jack stop the war. If he had no intention of ever helping Jack, then we're back to the absurdity of Kate being the only way he could ever get out of the country.

Previews for next week look pretty interesting.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
I like Kim's reaction when Miguel said he didn't want to see her again. She was so incredulous.. "Really?" I expected her to say, "Are you sure, didn't you see my pictures in Maxim?" :)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I'm not buying the massive rioting scenario either.

1. No way this could happen on such a scale in the middle of the night when all the redneck militia are sleeping.

2. Not likely it would happen anyway. The public in general has no idea of the source of the bomb that went off.

Just another "forced" tension that doesn't ring true to me.

JayDerek

Stunt Coordinator
Not a bad episode. Certainly better than the last couple episodes.

My comments -

1) They need to do something plot-wise to make this more interesting. This almost seems like a different show than before the bomb went off. I'm just not enjoying this as much as before

2) I actually liked the Kim segments this week. It seems like she's finally smartening up and not running all over the place.

3) The way the camera angles were done w/ Miguel, it almost looked like he was quiet/distant because someone was in the room w/ him. Almost expected the killer dad to be there. Did NOT expect the amputation at all!

4) Big jeers to FOX for the promos to this week's show. Michelle Branch??? My wife who occassionally watches just shook her head at those ads. They are in NO way representative to the mood of this show.

Anyways, I'm still optimistic the show will get better. 24 is still one of the better shows on the air.

~Jason

John Swarce

Second Unit
With all of the product placements so common on today's shows on ALL the networks, I'm surprised you couldn't see the name "Sony" on the memory card in Jack's hand.

I have a feeling we will see the killer dad again soon. The cop said they were still looking for him. Maybe Kim should not have given up her gun so quickly!

Overall much better episode than last week.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Big jeers to FOX for the promos to this week's show. Michelle Branch??? My wife who occassionally watches just shook her head at those ads. They are in NO way representative to the mood of this show.
I almost puked when I saw that before the show. Hella Gay.

I had some other comments typed out last night, but I guess they didn't go through when the network crashed at the school.

I'll have to retype them later.

Glad to see 24 is building back up to some suspense after the bomb exploded.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I must firmly disagree with those of you who cannot accept the riot scenarios. Imagine that a nuclear bomb exploded on U.S. soil. No matter what time it is, someone, somewhere is up watching television, working, or otherwise. Those people are going to call everyone in the freakin' phonebook, people! Plus, following the events of 9/11 and considering the tensions in the Middle East, it is logical to assume that some people would rebel against those nationalities.

Personally, I thought it was a banner episode (except for Kim, of course...is it just me, or does it seem like a whole other set of writers who have soap opera backgrounds are writing her plotline...egad). Henry went quick, and instead of the x-ray damage, I think we should all wonder what the defibrilator (electric paddles) might have done to the chip - especially considering where it was in his body.

Anyway, next week looks quite interesting!!! Cheers! :)

EDIT: When I say that it would be logical to assume that such riots against certain nationalities would occur, I say it with a heavy heart. It's sad to say that such things would probably happen.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Anyone notice the Fox reporter in Marietta say that it was 4:30 in the morning at one point? Nooooo, it's between 1 and 2am dumbass.

We PVr'd back over it. She said it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
2) I actually liked the Kim segments this week. It seems like she's finally smartening up and not running all over the place.
Really? I thought she seemed pretty clueless during her conversation with Miguel - he's in the hospital because he tried to help her out, which involved a kidnapping, finding a corpse in the trunk, hearing about a nuclear bomb in the city, and an automobile accident, and she seemed surprised that he might want to reduce the amount of time he spent in her presence. Normally, I'll defend Kim as probably behaving more rationally than I would under extreme circumstances, but she really sounded disconnected from reality there.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Let's hope that the X-ray didn't damage the data on the chip.
What about when they shocked the body to try and get the heart back? That alone would be enough to damage the chip! The camera even lingered a little bit on the paddles before they hit him, I thought for sure Jack was going to stop the docs right there. How did Jack know exactly where the chip was?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Anyone notice the Fox reporter in Marietta say that it was 4:30 in the morning at one point? Nooooo, it's between 1 and 2am dumbass.

Until this episode, I was wondering what time zone the show's clock is in. That made it apparent it must be Pacific time, if it's 4:30 in the east.

Is there really a large Arab population in Marietta, GA? I'd be surprised if that were true, & if I were writing this, I'd pick a more logical city like the Detroit area.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
How did Jack know exactly where the chip was?
Because as he is being upset that the guy died, he was sort of looking at the x-ray and he noticed the shape of the chip just at the bottom of his rib cage.

I'm thinking that the paddles did knock the chip out and going back to the fact that Nina has a nice little scar on her back and has a chip too. I think Jack, somehow, figures this out and has to get back in touch with Nina.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I would really appreciate that twist. Anything to help make it a bit more challenging for Jack.

Hey what if Gregg was just trying to say, "The chip is in Nina" and he just keeps his NCAA Final Four selections on the chip in his side. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks