What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 17 - 4/1/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Hour 12 a.m. to 1 a.m.

Recap up to 12 a.m.:

Kim's still losing IQ points the longer she stays out THERE.

Okay, Jack had to lay a smack-down on Tony to get Kate to the meeting point with the "voice on the phone/7th Coral Snake" dude.

Palmer's on the brink of giving the okay on a strategic strike on the "3 countries" who his administration thinks is behind the bomb. Jack has only a handful of hours to prove that Syed Ali was not the one talking on that tape...

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
Slowest security gate in television history.

Now I understand the bickering between the ladies at the CTU office.

Are you alone? Yes. WHACK!

It looks like Kim followed my advice and left the store in the back.

The ending kind of had that "Empire Strikes Back" Han in carbonite feel until the gun shots (but I was expecting those).

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Ugh.

Anyone ever notice that the "bad guys" must time their watches to do their bad stuff right on the hour?

Hmm.

DanielN

Stunt Coordinator
Jack has something up his sleeve. I doubt he will leave Kate hanging like that.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing how these episodes always end with a new unknown shooter.

This season is loosing interest fast. I hope this Jack story picks up and they lock Kim away for the rest of the season.

Plus this whole "going to war" thing is so silly. I know it's a nuclear bomb, but do they really expect us to believe they would already be attacking another country within a hour and a half of this happening. Why not wait a few more hours and get your facts in order...3 more hours is not a big deal.

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. The whole going to war thing is really straining credibility, especially after this country watched our administration take weeks before taking action after September 11th. That's not to say that taking decisive action isn't a bad thing, but I find it hard to believe that no one would support following up every lead before sending bombers halfway across the world.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Worst episode ever.

Who cares about the Kim plot? Not me.

Who cares about Michelle's mysterious angst at CTU? Not me?

Who believes the President's staff would be hell-bent on declaring war within hours of an attack, and their implication that all hell will be to pay if they don't?

Not me.

I'm admittedly too lame to stop watching after making it this far, but this thing is sucking wind.

At least I can have fun ridiculing the show if it doesn't get any better soon.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Too many "that's stupid" aspects going on right now.

As already stated, why would waiting a few days, let alone a few hours, before retaliation be a problem? A poor premise to create this time tension.

And I still don't see why Jack couldn't inform anybody at CTU or the prez that he's got more evidence that the recording is fake.

At least the first season, despite some unrealistic elements, had the believeable tension of Jack needing to be unconventional because of the threat to his family. Now his actions don't seem so believeable.

I've enjoyed some of the earlier episodes this season, and will still watch, but the plot has gone downhill since the bomb went off.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

That (and the Kim plot) is my only gripe, actually... but it's a rather big one.

Also, why is Palmer's guys (the man and the woman, can't remember their names right now) talking like it would be a disaster if the planes were ordered back? It's not like anyone in the world will know about it anyway. Planes are ordered back all the time. That "rush to war" plot is really, really dragging these past couple of episodes down...

/Mike

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Yeah, 24 is quickly overshadowed and overthrown by The Shield, the finale of that kicked 24's ass all over the season's floor.

"Get in the trunk Kate, it's for your own safety" :laugh:

Gregg Henry rules! He's gona have to "dispose" of Kate :emoji_thumbsup:

Dan M~

Second Unit
The tape is not the only item that should cause Palmer to slow down and question what he is being told... has everyone forgotten about the problems within Palmer's own staff?
How many staff members has Palmer sent to be "paddled"? How about Jack's plane being shot down?
The dead soldiers?
What Sheri knows?
There are a whole lot of suspicious things going on and only Palmer seems to remember them. Can he trust anyone?

Everyone is giving those suspicious looks! ;)

The "Kim Line" wasted half the show... I can not see any revelations coming from the liquor store situation. The Cops finally have Kim again, can they hold her for just a few more hours?

All in All, the slowest and most lacking show of the season.

But I have hopes for next week.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
My guess is that there are more people in Palmer's administration
possibly even his Chief of Staff - which would explain why recalling the planes would be a "disaster" in his words...

who are actively seeking out war. This makes the whole push for a quick response more plausible... considering that the whole bomb plot was a conspiracy by powerful forces in U.S. government to start a war.

This is all speculation, but it does explain things enough for me to take a wait and see attitude toward these developments.

The Kim plot, on the other hand... she should have been eaten by the mountain lion several weeks ago to spare us that useless subplot.

-Scott

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What in the world is with the Michelle/boyfriend(babysitter dude)/Carrie subplot and the kids? How does a computer hacker like Carrie insinuate herself into the position she's in now after only 8 hours?

The rush to retaliate against those "3 countries" is pretty dumb move. Is Michelle in on the conspiracy? She keeps nudging Mike into launching the bombers.

I was hoping Ramone would get shot for the entire episode. That subplot is only there to fill time. Boo.

I'm liking this Youssef dude, though. Talk about strange allies in crisis time.

If Jack was smart, he would have been wired, and let Tony listen in on the conversation with him and the 7th Coral Snake dude. If that wouldn't put the kibosh on this quick strike retaliation, I don't know what would.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Last year's initial arc involved the attempt on Palmer, but after that was quashed the show got more interesting. Here, it was the bomb, but once it has gone off, the plot has become muddled. I don't see how anything going on right now has any relation to the main story thrust. In fact, I don't even know what the main story thrust is anymore. I supposed it's discovering that those three countries aren't behind the bomb but that seems so obvious that discovering it won't be an exciting revelation. Maybe finding out that Sherry and Nina are lovers would help! :)

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I tend to agree, this was a slow episode. But I still love the show.

In the teaser for next week, They use dramatic music and particular camera shots to indicate that this guy Kate was pointing a gun at was someone she recognized. Does anyone recognize who it was? It almost looked like the guy from the first few episodes that Kate was using as an investigator, but I couldn't tell.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Haven't we seen that exact same convenience store hostage plot (and outcome) before on a thousand different TV shows and movies?

What is the point?

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
Count me as being really p.o'd too!

To many cliches and contrivances:

First, the para-military was doing it "to get more funding".
Now, it's because "Big Oil" wants all the oil in the mideast, and they are willing to sacrifice millions of lives so their stock goes up. Please!

Plus, I don't get how it was so important for the Coral Snake guy to have Kate, other than it gives the writers some reason to include her. Couldn't dude have chartered his own plane somewhere, then ordered the pilot to take him wherever he wanted? What's so special about Kate's ability to charter a plane? Where's the guarantee that they won't replace the pilot in her plane with a special ops guy?

I'm usually willing to suspend disbelief for entertainment's sake, but this show is pushing it too far these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks