What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 16 - 3/25/03 (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Once again, we find out that Sayed Ali was in Berlin. Let us not forget that, from the final episode of Season 1, Nina worked for a faction in Germany, and this unknown faction was the true mastermind behind the asassination attempt on Palmer (not the Drazens)

This country has come up a few times previously this season, and it has never been for a good reason...there are always suspicious connections. I am convinced that something is going on in that country that ties everything: Season 1's plot, Nina, the Nuke, Sayed Ali, the Warners, etc together.

Any thoughts?

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Sayed Ali assasinated :eek:

Jack should know better than to stop in the middle of the open area and talk to a valuable prisoner, should have done it inside or in the truck.

Michelle, that bitch, she called some General seconds before while Jack was walking out, so maybe she gave notice, or maybe it was that other one sitting at her office, looking all suspicious.

GREGG HENRY killed Ali, alright! :emoji_thumbsup:

Damn ads at 15, 26, 37, and 48 mins in, only 7 mins or less of the episode in between, this is ridiculous.

WOW! Michelle, helped Jack sneak Kate out, then Tony got all tough with a gun, he whacks him, they run out, and it's over, this is getting interesting.

Oh and Kim's storyline, was she in the bathroom for half an hour? I swear she went in before the first commercial break which was 23:15 then they weren't showing her at all the whole episode and then near the end at around 23:45 or so she was still in the bathroom hearing shouts.

I actually liked her segments in this episode, one of middle-eastern nationalities looking guy got all spooked cause of being one of the first to hear about the nuke going off, runs off with his wife to buy some supplies on the road, this stubborn fat white guy owns the store won't let him in but did let the white girl in, everyone being so racist. At first I thought Kim should just shoot that prick but when he really didn't hurt anyone and just started to get food, and making the owner get up so he could scan it and pay for it, that was even stranger, he knows he called the cops and should just get outta there while he can, so then the guy gets shot and he's making Kim help him, and it's all happening so fast and so senseless that I actually liked it because that's how it is, life doesn't make sense, why should 24?

Just 6 days to go, no more breaks for now!

This country has come up a few times previously this season, and it has never been for a good reason...there are always suspicious connections. I am convinced that something is going on in that country that ties everything: Season 1's plot, Nina, the Nuke, Sayed Ali, the Warners, etc together.

Any thoughts?
Yes I think so too. Sarah Clarke stated in a recent interview that the last 2 episodes have been written, why would she know about it if she wasn't involved, so we can expect Nina Myers to kick some ass at the end! :emoji_thumbsup: :D

John Watson

Screenwriter
Just acquired and started watching Season 1 - so good to see the program without commercials, or do they provide welcome relief from the tension, and give an opportunity to discuss the confusion?

Anyway, so far, can't help but say that look-wise, Jack's wife could be Nina's twin sister...

As for now, is the conspiracy intended to undermine the president per se, by having Palmer launch an unjustified war, and turn him into a criminal of a world-historical type, or is it merely to arrange an occasion for the Generals to play, with Dr Strangelove getting his weapons off.?

Yeah, the tatooed arm reminds us of all the unresolved or loose threads - what about the Presidential Adviser who was being interrogated (the guy from Buffy's Council), what about the Sherry sub-plot, hell, I can't even remember where Nina went, plot-wise

...and the Kim plot is so tedious, trivializing of the main themes of what could be a good espionage / action type thing. Maybe someone will tie her to the railway tracks next. Then after the other mayhem is resolved, maybe Jack and that blonde sister can live happily ever after..

PS - the assassination of Sayid was Lee Harvey Oswald all over again, what an iconic moment

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I swear that whoever is writing these plots out sits around with a case of beer and thinks up the most absurd Kim-plots possible.

"Hmmm, how about we start her off as a nanny and, surprise! The father wants to have sex with her!"
"Ok, week two, she has a boyfriend who is going to sneak her out of town, but they gotta alude to sex somewhere."
"Damn, another week. Now what? I know, I'll have a mountain lion chase her only to be found by some guy in the mountains who wants to keep her to himself in his cabin! He may even convince her to sleep with him!"
"Alright she left the cabin and as she walks down the road, here comes this guy in a car who wants to force her to get in! This crazy pervert plot around Kim is golden! It will never get old! Oh, I'll give her a gun just in case."
"Whew, this is getting tough. She finally makes it back to civilization.... how about a change of plot for ol' Kim? Now she goes into a convenience store only to have a strange looking guy lock the door behind them and look around suspiciously. Maybe he also will want to have sex with her!"

So my prediction for next week, Kim will run out the back of the store away from the cops and stumble upon some loner who will probably want to keep her around for himself.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was hoping Kim would have had the smarts to shoot at the idiot father-to-be's feet to get him dancing and moving his butt out of the store.

This turn of events, where Jack is now on a counter mission to CTU (to prove that the phone tap tape is bogus) is actually pretty interesting in its setup due to all the paranoia-inducing back-channel communications going on, and people choosing sides internally on how to best handle the new threat at hand (impending WWIII).

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
When Kim was still on the side of the road, I was trying to hypnotize her through my TV screen: "You're feeling very sleepy... Your eyelids are so heavy..." etc. Didn't work. :frowning:

I'm glad they've got Jack back to 24's patented "Jack must follow orders from the villain on the other end of the phone" theme.

Bob Maged

Stunt Coordinator

Did anyone else notice the ads for the new movie Phone Booth shown throughout the evening? Kiefer Sutherland plays the bad guy giving orders over the phone.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's a nice bit of cross-promotion. It should put some more fans of "24" in the seats for "Phone Booth".

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
One thing about "loose plot threads", such as Sherry, Nina etc: you have to remember that this is all taking place in 24 hours. To the characters of the show, Nina was there just a few hours ago, and might not seem to be of very much interest right now, since the bomb has been found. I don't see it so much as a loose thread as something that's been pu on the back burner by the characters.

same with the mercenary on the loose: it was only a few hours ago that they even found out about his existence. He might not be seen as someone with extensive information about the case, and therefore less important to the characters on the show than to us viewers, since we know more than they do.

/Mike

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, that's what happens when we, the audience, have weeks to ruminate on what happened the last couple of "real-time" hours on the show. :D

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Anyway, so far, can't help but say that look-wise, Jack's wife could be Nina's twin sister...
What???

My wife and I agree whole-heartedly that Jack's wife from season 1 was the ugliest person they could've found for the part. We both grew very tired of having to see her on the screen with that nasty butched melon of hers.

I think Lenny and other will agree with me that Nina (in the first season) is a fox compared to Jack's wife.

Also- Kim's knack for trouble is simply unbelievable.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

:confused: I thought she looked perfectly normal... and I too did think she looked a bit like Nina. Man, you need to see some really ugly people. :) Or did you mean "TV ugly"? :)

/Mike

David Forbes

Supporting Actor
I guess Jack's cell phone number must be listed in the "International Phone Book for Bad Guys" since they always seem to be able to call him whenever they want.

Mark Brewer

Stunt Coordinator
Good episode..
Did anyone notice the interaction between Jake and Kate?
Does she have the hots for him??
Could this be a foreshadowing of a future plot twist for Jack and Kate??

"Mr Warner since I saved your daughter from a evil rogue special ops soldier, may I have her hand in marriage. Kate says theres all that wedding stuff still at your house. Oh yey sorry about shooting your youngest in the arm"

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor

My sentiments exactly. If not for the "Previously on 24" segment to start the show, I would have forgotten nearly everything.

This episode was all over the place. I think if this episode is shown 1 week after the last episode, it wouldn't seem so jumpy.

You can't get rid of Kim yet, because she still needs to get amnesia.:D

WillG

Senior HTF Member
"I kind of wonder why Jack wouldnt just tell everybody about the phone call he recieved. Certainly he should call the Pres and tell him, even if it would only delay the attack."

Well, Tony was a dead end since Michelle and Jack expressed their concern about the recorded coversation and he pooh poohed that possibility. Also Remember that Jack had only 30 min to get Kate out and get to the location. So, Jack has to take care of that before talking to the Pres. I'm sure Jack will speak to the Pres in the next episode

Tommy Ceez

Second Unit
one of middle-eastern nationalities looking guy got all spooked cause of being one of the first to hear about the nuke going off, runs off with his wife to buy some supplies on the road,
Umm. that guy was decidedly hispanic down to his East Los wack ass west coast accent.

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I would put my money on the various opinions noted above regarding Nina and Germany.

This is what I think happens:

Nina confirms that Sayed Ali was in Germany. So, who is really involved, then.

My guess is that it turns out that Bob Warner was the man from the beginning and may have actually been the commander of the group, though Marie may not have known it. Our 7th commando guy would obviously know this. I think he wants Bob to come clean, thus having Kate brought in. He gets Kate from Jack, and threatens to kill her if Bob doesn't come clean.

Then when Jack saves the day at the end, Kate goes running into Jack's arms, they kiss, and that is the end of Day 2.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Jeff, thanks for bringing up that topic...it's an interesting theory. I'm surprised that more people aren't wondering why Kate is involved at this point in the plotline. :confused:

Also, with regards to Tony, I think we need to cut this character a break. He's been consistently doing the right thing, and now he's been thrust into a position of great responsibility and authority. His building has been bombed, friends have been killed, and he needs sleep. In reference to the poster who questioned him confronting Jack by himself, I think this was yet another effort to do the right thing. He probably thought he could reason with Jack without sounding the alarm (which probably happens in the next episode).

Just some thoughts...great show! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks