What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 13 - 2/18/03 (1 Viewer)

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Well, from my weekly perch out on this lonely limb, this last hour had me screaming, "I knew it! The bomb's a fake!" Man, I was so happy for that split second when that nuke team tech announced that it wasn't a bomb. Anyways, I still can't see how they can keep chasing the bomb for the next 11 hours. So...I'm still maintaining my position that the bomb is not "live." My weekly straw grasping now includes the role of the rogue Coral Snake team: they were under orders to kill if necessary in order to recover the bomb--so that no one else would discover that it was never a "live" bomb. The 7th member of the team, probably the leader, killed the other 6 because it's much easier to contain loose ends. I wonder if this 7th member of Coral Snake will turn out to be a big name guest star like Dennis Hopper was last season?

Apart from that, it was an ok episode. Nina must be coming back later this season. Also, Bob Warner was noticeably absent. I think Sherry and Eric Rayburn are in cahoots and the latter will probably make another appearance at some point in the future. One thing I found annoying was that Lynn and Mike failed to discuss what Lynn learned at her meeting with her "source". Shouldn't she have revealed to him that Sherry showed up instead? Why isn't Lynn more concerned that her source didn't show up at all?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
No, it seems like the real live bomb is on the truck, which hasn't left the airport yet -- although it would be lame if it did.

I'm wondering if the terrorist who was trying to fly away with the "bomb" actually knows that he didn't have the real bomb.
I'm guessing yes. He acted as a decoy so the truck could get away (somehow).

//Ken

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I'm wondering if the terrorist who was trying to fly away with the "bomb" actually knows that he didn't have the real bomb.
I'm guessing no. Marie asked him who would fly the plane, and he said it was him, looking at her like for the last time, like he thought he was going to die, and hugged/kissed her, etc. Or maybe he just knew he'd probably caught and that meant a long prison term or worse, so same as dead, and therefore same reaction.

(Admin note - added spoilers - let's be more considerate and spoilerize future cast additions/appearances, lest we spoil the surprise for others.)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Hey, just because Stanton said "Ask Sherry" doesn't mean President Palmer will believe that he meant she was in on it. He may think he was just trying to trick him, or something.

I've been holding out hope that President Palmer has been laying a trap for his wife, but he better spring it soon if that's the case.

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
Ok how about this for circles within circles . . . Marie is actually a Stanton/Cobra Kai mole who infiltrated Sayed Ali's group at the behest of her spook father and has always been the insurance against the bomb going off. Ok it doesn't explain why she would kill Rezza but . . .

And yes, I am hoping that the leader of the Cobra Squad will be Martin Kove as John Kreese. Taking the nuke for the ultimate payback against Miagyi Dojo and that punk Larusso. Nobody steals the All-Valley Karate Title from Sensei Kreese!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
And yes, I am hoping that the leader of the Cobra Squad will be Martin Kove as John Kreese. Taking the nuke for the ultimate payback against Miagyi Dojo and that punk Larusso. Nobody steals the All-Valley Karate Title from Sensei Kreese!
Thats GOLD Jerry! Gold!

James T

Screenwriter
I didn't get it until I read Miyagi. :D

Then again, you could have the seventh soldier have the bomb surgically installed in his chest. Then for the next few episodes have Jack Bauer screaming "There's a bomb in your ribcage!"

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I thought it was a decoy at the point when they were chasing it on take-off. I just thought they had too much time since they first saw CTU/Police coming into the airport. But here's the thing, did they actually have a second bomb-like looking something on hand to use as a decoy? That part seems a bit stretched.

I hope Palmer has really suspected Sherry all along and she gets what she deserves. That whole plot line is so damn confusing. Most of the time I'm certain she's bad, but then every once in awhile something happens to make me think maybe she's not bad after all.

RichM

Agent
The clever thing to do in the storyline would have them find that only the radioactive material was removed from the bomb turning it from an Atomic Bomb to a dirty type bomb that would do little physical damage but contaminate a wide area.

That would hold up the storyline, because having a plan that included a dummy bomb was a bit of a stretch.

I also don't understand how the airport was locked down and yet the Van could escape. I hope they explain this.

Christopher Bosley

Stunt Coordinator
"Sweep the Nuke Mister Bauer!! You have a problem with that?"

The only way it would be better is if he hooked up with his rich Nam buddy Terry and they pull another fast one on Jack, leading him to think they're training him as a super black ops killing machine but just setting him up for pain at the hands of Mike Barnes.

(Yes I know I'm way too into The Karate Kid)

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
The twist revealed by Stanton ("we knew about the bomb, but we wanted to create a crisis to get funding") was already pretty lame when it was used in The Long Kiss Goodnight.
Well, perhaps Stanton was lying about the real motivations for allowing the nuke in. If his real goal is to in some way seize control of the presidency, he may have have used the ol' "we wanted to get funding" excuse as a smokescreen for the true motive.

We should compile a list of all the movies that have used that lame-o excuse. I'm pretty sure it was the motivation for the bad guy in "BackDraft", right?

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Another good episode. I thought it was odd that they'd use blue lights when heading into the airport. You'd think they'd be more subtle.

I hope Sherry gets hers soon.

Can't wait for next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks