What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 1 - 10/29/02 (1 Viewer)

JohnSJ

Auditioning
I missed it!!!!! Is there going to be a replay??

Please anyone???? Helllllppppp meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Haha! I don't think I've said "I can't *(@#$# believe they just showed that!" so many times in the space of an hour.

That was a great way to start off the second season. The writers seem to have evolved all the characters very nicely.

Eric Rayburn is defying the president the exact same way his wife did all last season. I hope this time around he doesn't tolerate it for the entire season.

And most of all I can't believe Jack pulled out his gun and capped that guy! I thought I was watching Grand Theft Auto and not 24 for a minute.

I have to say that whole show was awesome. When Kim pulled the "hang up on dad because he's being a jerk" act I thought that nothing had changed, it looks like that's not true at all.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
One question: how did Jack go from "Get me a hacksaw." to cleanly shaven in a few minutes?

Rob_J

Stunt Coordinator
mmmmmm.... Elisha... They just showed it commercial free here! The only thing is that it's not quite real-time when you don't have commercial breaks... but I'm not complaining! :)

BrianV

Stunt Coordinator
Well at least one thing is still the same - Kim is as annoying as can be. Fun to look at, but still annoying. I thought the episode moved a bit slowly for the first 40 minutes - but that was to be expected for the first episode of the season. The last 15 minutes were vintage 24, though. Hard to believe that the family Kim's staying with could turn so ugly, so quickly. no use putting things off until 10 or 11 :)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
I too was very surprised when he shot that guy out of nowhere.

I am very happy that the drop dead gorgeous Sarah Wynter has a major role on the show now, and she looked better than ever! Its just gotta suck knowing that your sibling is dating a possible terrorist.

I can't wait till next Tuesday!

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Entertainment Weekly reviewed this week's episode on Monday (http://www.ew.com/ew/article/review/...thinks,00.html), and the writer mentions a violent act Jack will commit near the end of the episode; I thought this merely meant Jack was going to rough up the subject with fists or threaten him with his gun. But instead, he pops the guy after talking to him for 30 seconds! I'm still in complete shock! Yes, I know, the fate of millions is at stake, and the guy was evil anyway, but still! As that shot rang out, 24 cemented itself as the best show on American network television, bar none. Can't wait for next week (as usual). :emoji_thumbsup:

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I got all excited at the end of the episode when the music built and I knew the closing clock was coming... I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Is it next week yet?

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Well at least one thing is still the same - Kim is as annoying as can be.
I was very annoyed with her when she did the hang up on daddy bit but she redeemed herself by not being the passive victim of old when she heard the fight going on downstairs. They had her do some smart things to try to protect the little girl. The way the abusive father exploded like he did totally caught me off guard, I thought they'd gradually reveal the guy's dark side over a few episodes at least, ha!

i'm also pleasantly surprised that the writers didn't hesitate to at least intimate that Islamic terrorists are behind the plot. of course it's not for sure and it might be a red herring but to even broach the subject when everyone is so hyper-sensitive on that topic takes some nerve. i was also surprised when that frustrated little man gave his fiancee's sister that "i'm a small little angry man" hateful look when she mocked him over his comments about his family. i'm sure some activist groups are currently on the phone with fox screaming bloody murder..

anyway, i found the whole episode to be compelling despite being slow at times.. the first season had a lot of slow moments too but the payoffs were always there.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Jack Bauer, Bad Ass!!!
I'm not sure the uninterrupted airing was a good thing. I need those commercial breaks to breathe!! ;)
I thought that first Ford ad would never end.
Great start to the second season. The ride has begun! :emoji_thumbsup:

Greg Morse

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Justin, 10:1 says the fiancee is clean and that the bride to be is actually the terrorist. My bet is she used him as an intermediary to deal with the Ali fellow. ("Don't worry I have him wrapped around my little finger" or whatever the line was). She's probably linked to the group Jack is trying to get back in good with next week. Seems too obvious for him to be a terrorist.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I was watching the season premiere tonight on Fox's HD station(technically "standard definition", but that's another topic entirely), and I was disappointed to see that the show was being broadcast in a 4:3 aspect ratio with the Fox blue bars on the sides.

Is this a decision made by the local Fox affiliate or is this how it's broadcast nationwide? I think it's ridiculous that a show filmed in widescreen wouldn't be televised that way on an HD channel. Maybe Fox did it on purpose so that people would be compelled to get the DVD box set next fall just so they could see the series in its OAR.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, you may be right. I didn't even think about that possibility. Thanks for pointing it out. :) I hope nothing bad happens to Sarah. :D
As for Kim, I didn't find her annoying at all, but I always thought her mother was very annoying.

Stephen S

Auditioning
It was shown 16:9 here in Atlanta. Someone must have forgotten to flip the switch at your local station.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it has to be a screwup, call and complain

They brought up the "Fox Widescreen" graphic here, no HDTV so I dunno if it happened

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
As everyone was, I was surprised to see Jack cap that guy! Jack truly has been affected by the events of last season. One can only wonder how different this episode would've been had they used the alternate ending shown on the DVD set.

The greatest moment was no doubt, the final shot. (As it always is in 24!) It just says it all, "JACK BOWER HAS RETURNED!" Fox has just found it's replacement for X-Files as their hit series!

I'm waiting on pins and needles for the return of Nina! We never quite knew what she was up to, and I can barely imagine how Jack will react when coming face to face with her again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks