What's new

24 delay? (1 Viewer)

Andy Polo

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if 24 will be on Tuesday due to war coverage. Not to down play the war at all, I'm just curious.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
WHo knows, it all depends on whether a soldier stubs his toe, necessitating a break-into programming.

Fox held on with their newsfeed longer than anyone

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Yes, I'm very afraid. My local Fox affiliate seems to be the only Fox affiliate natione-wide who pre-empted JOHN DOE last Friday, so I worry about 24. Let's hope the higher general audience of 24 will keep it on, unless something really major happens to justify pre-empting.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Are there more episodes to air this season? I can't quite remember how it ended, save that the nuke had been detonated, presumably harmlessly, over the desert. I guess it's all just wrap-up stuff at this point? Like, did Kim manage to hitch-hike back to town and stuff?

Todd Henry

Second Unit
There are I think 8 or so episodes left. The 24 hours started at 8 AM not midnight like last season.

Todd

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Eight episodes left? Are you serious?

I can't commit to that. One more, maybe, just to wrap things up... but not eight.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
" I can't commit to that. One more, maybe, just to wrap things up... but not eight."

You're kidding, right?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
IF you paid attention to last season, 24 has approx 3 8ep "arcs". We hit the end of the second arc

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
IF you paid attention to last season, 24 has approx 3 8ep "arcs". We hit the end of the second arc
What? No way! Last season had one 13-episode arc followed by a second 11-episode arc. They did it this way because Fox would commit to only the first 13 episodes of production at first. So the writers wrapped up all the big loose ends by the thirteenth episode and even gave us a happy ending in that episode in case the final eleven episodes were never produced.

DonMac

Stunt Coordinator
I think the remaining plot thread now deal with some nation that apparently was behind the nuclear bomb and that President Palmer may launch a military response against this unnamed country.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Actually I think its pretty clear that people inside the US government are conspiring with the terrorists to blame a mid east country for the attack and start world war three. The remaining plot will be to find out who the conspirators are and prove that the mid east did not carry out the attack before we go to war with them.

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
Actually I think its pretty clear that people inside the US government are conspiring with the terrorists to blame a mid east country for the attack and start world war three. The remaining plot will be to find out who the conspirators are and prove that the mid east did not carry out the attack before we go to war with them.
I think part of the reason I'm not too excited about the remainder of the season is that I've thought this plot-line was effing stupid ever since they started hinting at it. From it's inception 24 at least had a sense of plausibility to it, even if they didn't get every detail 100% right. But that plotline is just stupid; it was stupid when Hollywood first started using it decades ago, and it's stupid now. It's so far from the realm of plausibility that you might as well be watching Alias or a Bond movie, which is not the vibe 24 started with.

Even if you are naive enough to think this it's a plausible story, to me it sure seems like a let-down after the tension of the nuke plotline. I'll watch the remainder of the season, but I don't think I'll be on the edge of my seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks