What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 24 - 5/25/04 (1 Viewer)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

I doub it, since Drexler won't be back next season, and it would be too implausible to make it take place a week after and not have her in it.
Besides, it seems like with the death of Nina and Sherry, Palmer's resignation, and the cutting of most of the other major characters, they want to start fresh next year.

What's odd as that Dennis Haysbert (Palmer) is not on the list of people cut, which implies he'll be back. What the heck can he do, though?

I was laughing when Bauer threw the virus in the frig. Yeah, maybe it'll work, but it's still kind of absurd. Other than that, a fun episode and a nice season ender, despite the cliche of cutting wires.

James_Kiang

Screenwriter

Actually, Jack did call Kate back in hour 1 IIRC. The conversation lasted all of about 30 seconds, consisting of Kate telling Jack he needs to come get the last of his stuff.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Consultant on national security issues. Testify before Congress. Serve on corporate boards. Work as a lobbyist. Teach at a university. Any of those could work as a hook to get him involved in next year's crisis.

Although I do wonder what Bill Clinton does with his days. A person driven enough to become President at a fairly young age must be bored out of his skull afterward, with few loftier goals to attain.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit

I am sure he is bored - chasing as much tail as he can. Since he is not in the limelight anymore it maybe open season for Clinton to party.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Former presidents do plenty of speaking and charity events. Carter was involved in global peace projects and still is. They write memoirs and stump for their party. Clinton, along with former rival Bob Dole, co-chairs a charity group to get drugs to HIV victims in Africa.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Yes, you have to do that with this show.

Another ridiculous one was that Wayne watched the murder/suicide of Sherry/Julia happen at about 11:59 a.m., and then walked into the President's office, jacket and tie on, at 12:11 p.m., to inform David.

Are we to expect that he immediately ran out of the crime scene and raced back to the office in record time? No waiting for the police or ambulance or anything? Does anybody else even know the bodies are there yet? No media coverage? David didn't even ask about it.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
The nice thing about this was that it usually works. Here Jack had to go for the axe - which I've never seen before. So they took the cliche and ran with it - literally as well.

It's a good thing the science lab was empty!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
What if Jack let out a manical laugh in the car, and grinning like a JACKal? We'd get crazed Jack for season 4...

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S

:laugh:

Despite all the nitpicks, it was still a very enjoyable season. And Kiefer's performance is the backbone that makes this show work. I thought he was going to shoot up at the end, too, but I'm glad it played the way it did.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

But remember when Hammond said to her, in regards to Tony's actions, something like this "If you feel you can't put your country before Tony as well, then you should resign" So maybe that will explain a quick departure.

Of course, casting decisions are subject to change. I remember reading before Season 3 that Sarah Wynter was slated to return, but all she ended up getting was like a 30 second cameo in the first episode of season 3.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
...and then looking in the rearview mirror, instead of his own reflection, he would see "Bob" from Twin Peaks. :)

Regards,

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
I loved the way this ended. They didnt go for the slam bang ending that Seasons One and Two tried. It was a very subdued and sad ending. The scene with Jack breaking down and crying in the car was perfect to me.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
One or more legs were amputated below the knee after they crashed the police car. Which was, of course, his stupid idea.

Roger_R

Second Unit
"No remember this season takes place 3 years after Season 2, so Jack had not talked to Kate recently... well that we know of anyway." - He talked to her on the phone in the first episode of this season.

I liked the part where it turned out that the thing had different wires. Those circuits were probably not made at a factory, so using the same kind of wire on the same place in every box would seem like too much work when you solder them on manually.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

That was one of the big goofs in the worst Silence of the Lambs sequel. You'd think a guy like Hannibal would know that to get out of cuffs, you only need to lose the thumb.

Season 4: Jack and Palmer are now fishing buddies. They spend time fishin'. Palmer catches the fish, Jack skins it.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
I thought Chase was a block of wood, so I won't be sorry to see him go, although it was cool of him to give Jack a hand last night. :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks