What's new

24 - Day 3 - Hour 23 - 5/18/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I pretty knew that Sherry had to die to clean up Palmer's dilemna, just didn't think that Julia would be doing the dirty work. Wayne's got some 'splainin to do...

Was it wrong to cheer for Sherry's demise? I did, anyway.

I so wanted Saunders to call Jack's bluff, and then sneer at Jack. Jack would have drawn his weapon and dusted Saunders right then and there.

Then Season 4 would have been kicked off to another day of finding those 11 other "bombs". Of course, no producer would go for that scenario, but it'd be fun.

Tony's in a world of hurt. I'm thinking presidential pardon is going to be his ticket out of the big house.

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I was also wondering about the people who "got out" with the virus....did we ever have any resolution on this? This is the only dangling plot line that I am aware of that would be a big slip-up if they just ignore (besides basic petty stuff).

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
In 23 hours, Palmer's girlfriend was present at the death of her ex-husband, Palmer's ex-wife was present (and responsible) for the death of a booster (Palmer's brother was having an affair with his trophy wife), and now said brother is present at the deaths of Palmer's ex-wife and the trophy wife. All in 23 hours! There's no way Palmer can remain president. This pushes credibility way over the edge. The Palmer body count is surpassing the Jack Bauer body count. Even Jack will bow down to Palmer and say "you're my hero!" (and none of this had to do with the viral threat!)

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know. If Wayne had kept his gloves on all would be good. The two witnesses to the old guys murder are dead, and they have the prescription bottle.

Even with Wayne's fingerprints there, he could come up with some story for being there and then what's her name walked in with the gun, and bam, murder suicide. It's certainly possible in 24 world.

KyleC

Supporting Actor

Yep they did. Like 2 hours ago they said very briefly that they had it contained.

Eric C D

Second Unit
I gotta admit to pumping my fist when Sherry got it, but bow your heads a moment in respect for one of the best TV villians to pass this way in a while (and the fine bit of scene chewing done by Ms. Penny Johnson Jerald). This is for you, Lady MacPalmer (and my thanks to whomever coined that nickname):

;)

John Watson

Screenwriter
I'm with the "Palmer is finished", gang. No way he can come out on top.

There's no solution for Sherry but death, she's a psycho, they can't be cured.

But the virus has to be stopped, the chain of exponential transmission is too big. For a big loose end to be tied up, there has to be an antidote, or the virus turns out to be self-limiting.

I'm also with the Chloe fan club, I love that pout. Once she fixes my 'puter, I'd want to bring her down to earth, and give her a life :D

Love that Shakespeare quote, mate!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I always liked "Hilary MacBeth", myself, but I suppose that's out of date. Or just calling her Lady MacBeth. "MacPalmer" seems too goofy for such a devious character.

It's going to be very interesting to see where 24 goes next year; the producers have been burning bridges with abandon all season long. I'm still going to guess Jack & company doing corporate security for a company that has ex-President Palmer on the board, but I really can't see Palmer remaining President or half the people at CTU keeping their jobs.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'll give you the season close shocker right now, even put it in spoilers so people can't complain that I ruined it for them:

Either Chase or Jack will die diffusing the last bomb. They are virtually the same character, a young version and an older version. But a kingdom only needs one king and a TV show only needs one badass star. Only reason you would have two in a plot (as a writer) is if you plan on knocking one off sometime during the story. My prediction is that Jack takes one for the team and exposes himself while diffusing the bomb, Chase shoulders the main role for season 4+. This would be most likely for maintaining the archtype as Jack is the sage to Chase's fledgling hero character. Only reason they might kill Chase instead is if the producers don't think the show can succeed without Keifer at the helm.

Just wait and see...

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
Was anyone else a little confused when Jane was asking Saunders to stop what he's doing, they showed him take her hands, his expression changed dramatically, and she got all upset and left? The way they acted made me think that he gave her something.

Brian_H

Stunt Coordinator
Count me in as someone that would like to see Chloe stick around for next season. I don't know what it is, but she's irritating in a good way, if that makes sense.

Of course, if she does stick around my wife will probably end up killing me by the end of next season, as every time she comes on screen I can't help myself and always loudly blurt out "You can't feed seeing eyedogs treats like that. They're specially trained".

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Even if he got the Presidental pardon, there is no way he could continue to remain at CTU. Hammond has officially thrown the book at him. The only way, would be a repeat of last season where Hammond really needs Tony's help in a pinch and does it only in exchange for Hammond forgetting about what happend in the last few hours. But, that would be a carbon copy of last season. I'd hate to see Tony go, but there just seems to be no way to save his job, if not his life.

So they did have a little blurb about containing the virus? That's too bad, as I would have liked to have seen more of CTUs effort to contain it as the "B" story. I wonder if we'll get a wrap up on Adam's sister in the next episode. As far as an antidote goes, if CTU has contained the infected, and all the couriers have been stopped, minus one, and most of the people in the hotel have died the need to write in antidote should be passed. But even so, it would be a bit absurd. NHS has known about the cordelia virus and has stated there is no cure or vaccine, but yet the bad guys are the ones that have one? Even for "24" that's a stretch.

Also, I was thinking, I think it would have been a lot cooler if the President was in a pinch and was forced to call in Carl from season one to get the prescription bottle instead of the other guy. Unless, he went down for the events in season one, but it was never made clear. It would have been great for tension because you wouldn't know if he could be completely trusted after the President cut him loose in season one.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Re: Tony, I'm just talking about his freedom. CTU is the last place Tony should want to work at after all this day should he get a pardon, and I doubt CTU would take him back, though anyone who loves their spouse enough can sympathize with Tony's decision (though textbook-wise, it was the wrong decision to make).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'll hate to see him go. Losing Tony, Nina and Sherry in the same season is tough to swallow, but maybe this means a new direction for next season.

Kelly W

Second Unit
Whatever happened to Jack's heroin problem? Is that over and done with? It was only 20 or so hours ago that he was shooting up, yet he looks fine and healthy now. I thought that was going to play a bigger part in the story.

-Kelly

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
I missed the preview for next week since my VCR tape switched over to "Queer Eye". Using the spoiler tags, can anyone give me a roundup of next week's preview?

WillG

Senior HTF Member

One of the Salizars gave Jack some methadone-esque drug that would help control his cravings. The writers way of not having to worry about his needing a fix for the rest of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks