What's new

24: Day 3 - 4/27/04 - Hour 20 (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Supports the "Chloe as mole" theory - she waits until the right time to get Adam off his machine (and she has the technical skill to make it look like he screwed up), takes it over herself, and doesn't make a scene when Saunders sneaks out.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But Chloe would go down as the most annoying mole in TV history. Usually moles try to be as non-descript as possilbe. Chloe does nothing but draw attention to herself (maybe that's her ploy, or maybe her personality really isn't cut out for mole-ness).

It's pretty obvious that Saunders had men dressed up in containment suits to blend in with the others helping out with quarenteening the hotel. Now, it could be that Saunders was able to make Michelle immune before the start of the day, but he'd have to also know that it would be Michelle sent into the hotel, and that's a hard prediction to rely on if things were set in motion earlier than the present day. Anyhow, the use of Michelle as a hostage/leverage over Tony reeks of creative writing gone amok in some respects. Sure, it's dramatic, but plausible? Hmm...

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
"I'm getting really tired of your personality, Chloe." - Tony

Amen, brother.

Possibility: Saunders has a vaccine that prevents people from getting infected and somehow had Michelle take it (in her food, mix it in with a flue shot, whatever). So it's all part of his plan.

Jane seems to be taking the news of her father being evil pretty well, I think.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I figured grabbing Michelle was probably opportunistic - Plan A had probably been to grab Kim to use her as leverage on Jack (and Chase?), but if he's got someone watching the hotel and sees Michelle coming out of there, he sees the chance to work the next level up.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

That's what I thought too. I doubt Michelle being immune was "all part of Saunders' plan."

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

If Saunders has something that can cure the disease and make that person immune, it is possible that one of the doctors who came to the hotel gave the antidote to her under the guise of testing her immunity. This would mean that it is not part of some grand plan, but when Saunders realized that he had Michelle in the hotel, he could use that to his advantage.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking that maybe they would get him and then devote the next 4 episodes to trying to locate the possibly infected that are still at large and also beating the hell out of Saunders to try to get him to call off his other men in place with vials of the virus. Then some kind of twist near the end.

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
I got a feeling that Chloe made up that sick sister bit to get Adam out of the way (maybe she got the baby to slow things down at CTU so Chase can be on it as well). :D

I was confused at the beginning of the show where they dragged that woman in the hotel. Was she freaking out because she thought she was unaffected and she did not want to be put in a room full of affected people?

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

That's exactly what I was thinking too. Not that Chloe is wrong, but no one checked to confirm Adam's sister's infection...so she could just be BSing the whole thing. It's also possible that Chloe tweaked whatever Adam was working on to make it look like he dropped the ball.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Maybe. It seems like a big risk, though - Tony said they were going to let Adam talk to her and then put him back to work, so I presumed that there was some off-screen conversation. They did say she was quarrantined and thus easily accessible, right? I imagine this was also opportunistic - Saunders would have taken his chances with satellite surveilance, but Chloe saw a chance to gain a stranglehold on the information being fed to Jack & Tony and took it.

This is, hypothetically, what makes Saunders a worthy adversery to Jack - he's got resources to call upon and is just as good at finding solutions under pressure as he is, as opposed to having slavish devotion to a convoluted master plan.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Well it's clear that the writers only have about 11 episodes worth of decent plot. And one downside with the format is that you know it can't be over yet, so it's just a matter of how do they stretch it out, and I think the writers blew it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Then Saunders had better have a vaccine for Michelle before she went into the hotel because no mole would go into the hotel given the viral risk.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Well, she did take out Alvers pretty quick, with no witnesses. If she was a mole, you would think she would not have done that. Also, she tried getting info about the virus from Alvers by herself. Why do that as well? It's a stretch to think she is a mole based on her actions. But, like everyone says, This is "24"

John Watson

Screenwriter
If there is a mole among those characters - Chloe, Michelle, and the fellow who looks like a young Mr Spock, I'm gonna be very surprised. Maybe it's a bit further up the chain of command (I'm assuming that Chapelle did not normally report directly to the President)

Anyways, if Saunders doesn't have an antidote, it seems like the season ending is going to be horrible.

Personally, I still need to know a lot more about Saunder's motivation for this madness before I'm going to rate this season as really high quality.

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody think that maybe Saunders' daughter getting inside CTU is part of his plan? I wouldn't put it past the 24 writers...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone

For a couple of seconds, I was wondering if Saunders daughter was working for him. She kinda gave me a Marie Warner vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks