What's new

24: Day 3 - 10/28/03 - Hour 1 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wendy Crewson is playing Anne, the first doc. She played the First Lady in "Air Force One" too.

So ... no hope of Marie (channeling Hannibal Lecter) will show up this day? :D

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Jack on Smack!?!?!?!

Wait 'till the "grip" (thank you DH from Playmakers)sets in. I got a feeling he's gonna go off like someboday releasing some pent up agression in GTA 3. Some innocents may get hit, but his body count should increase dramatically.

I didn't think Kim's haircut looked to bad in this episode compared to the previews I had seen before. She did seem to grow a brain in 3 years, and maybe a backbone too. Hopefully we can see more of this version of Kim.

;) That was a huge for logo on the back of the Expedition. I think it said FORD..not sure though..;)

Like how they showed that Tony and Michelle were married without words, kinda cool by just showing the rings.

Does everybody at CTU have to have an attitude all the time? Damn Adam (I think was his name). He's kinda acting the way Tony did in S1.

I really like the actor who plays Salazar. He plays a good bad guy.

I wonder what else will happen this season, cause the virus won't take up the whole day. Should be exciting!

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I don't understand the complaints in this thread.

It's 3 years later, why would Nina and the other guys from earliers seasons be in it? It makes perfect sense to tie up that stuff with a few lines of dialogue. Get over it.

Kim is at CTU, but it's been 3 years! She wasn't really stupid before either, she was put in improbable situations out of her characters control by the writers. It's perfectly conceivable that she has studied some kind of computer science to get this job. It doesn't seem to be THAT complicated.

As for the lack of action, yes, there wasn't as much as in previous seasons. However, there was still a lot of tension and build-up, IMO. The end with Jack sitting at his desk with the syring in his hand was very powerful. I don't think there was anything wrong with the pacing of this show.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season. :)

/Mike

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I really wish they'd get some computer consultants on this show. Last season with that girl being a "the best programmer" and being asked to open some ports and such was pretty pathetic. Now we got some guy who brags about his uptime and is also responsible for running ID checks and all sorts of other crap. Plus Kim working in there. It's got no realism whatsoever.

Kim's hair is absolutely awful. I don't understand why so many women think that horribly bleached blonde hair is attractive. She could at least attempt to make her eyebrows match. God she looks awful. Perhaps Kate will show up again, her and Michelle are a lot better looking than Kim, even when Kim is running.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Rumor has it that FX Will Not be showing re-runs this year. Apparently Fox has dis-allowed it. My guess would be fear that the FX Re-runs could potentially cut into Fox's ratings for the 1st run. I personally think it's a bad idea, because you get no second chance to watch. So if you have to be out and your VCR fails or you lose your power during the Episode for some reason, you're out. Personally, I am cringing at the possibility I could miss an episode and have no second chance to see it. It's going to make it a tough viewing experience to try to watch knowing pieces are missing. Ultimately, that could cause FOX to lose viewers.
Just one of many reasons I have decided to wait and view this season on DVD, next Sept. (hopefully). Trying to read through the thread and avoid spoilers, not that they bother me a whole bunch.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
It's 3 years later, why would Nina and the other guys from earliers seasons be in it? It makes perfect sense to tie up that stuff with a few lines of dialogue.
Agreed. The comments in this thread are a textbook illustration of why Hollywood remains fixated on remakes and sequels and why there are so many similar shows on TV. A large part of the audience wants what they already know; they want the familiar and the repetitious.

I think the message of this season 3 opener was that the writers don't intend to pander to that instinct. They're telling you that everything's different and not to expect the familiar. I'll be disappointed if they fail to deliver on that promise.

M.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Kim's job had nothing to do with Computer Science. Perhaps she went to Devry, but three years ago she was a nanny with no sense of logic. Now she's an IT person working in an important job at a federal agency? That's just not believable. Not with the level of responsibility she appeared to have. At best she could be their receptionist.

If Nina comes back, I'm not watching. Just because she's a good bad guy doesn't mean she should be in every series. I was glad that she just disappeared last year. They got what they needed from her and sent her back to prison. She'd been in prison for a while so it's not like she'd know much about the existing plan. Now she's been away for close to four years, and this plan is in action at least partly to free Salazar, what could she possibly know about it?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
An argument has been made that to have continuing characters is too predictable, but one could also argue that to just start fresh is a lazy way to go, that it would involve too much thought to bridge one season to the next.

Normally, it is enough to have just the star come back, and hopefully that will be true this season as well. Though I have to say that ever since last season when Jack had heart trouble, Keifer hasn't been that much fun to watch, since I just don't think it is fun to watch a guy sweating and panting and looking like he needs to go poo badly. In season one, Jack was the best agent. Now he's Mr. Poopy.

I DO like Kim's hair though.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
to watch a guy sweating and panting and looking like he needs to go poo badly. In season one, Jack was the best agent. Now he's Mr. Poopy.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I actually said outloud that he should just go to the bathroom and let it rip.

p.s. Are we talking about Kim's hair color or the style?

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

They didn't exactly start all fresh, basically all the major characters from CTU are still in this one + the president.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
p.s. Are we talking about Kim's hair color or the style?
I can't beleive we're talking about it at all. But the whole look is ok with me. Sure she has dark eyebrows but her pale hair matches her pale skin.

Perhaps... Just perhaps, before this season, Mandy somehow stole Kim's brain and replaced it with her own. Now Mandy is Jack's own daughter, and getting close to Jack's own partner...

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I enjoyed this season opener more than season 2.

I like that Kim is working for CTU because now she can be more plausibly involved in the plot. All the bs we had to sit through last year working her into the storyline was more distracting than trying to believe she knows what she's doing as an IT. Heck, I don't have any computer science skills and I knew all the terminology she was using. I believed she could have learned the skills in three years.

I liked Jack. I liked all the new partners for Jack, Kim, Palmer (x2) and the Carlos/Michelle hookup. I was even entertained by the latina girlfriend and her relationship with Salazar's brother down in Mexico.

And now for the product placement...

Ford has always been involved with 24. Their cars, trucks and vans are a part of every season. What's the big deal? Don't most federal agencies use Fords in real life? Sure, the commercial at the beginning and end was silly, but can you really argue it was worse than regularly placed commercials throughout the show? You didn't even have to watch the conclusion of the commercial if you wanted to!

OK, so I'm a fanboy, but I LOVED seeing all the Apple products make a return to CTU this year. Especially those new G5! Sweeeet.

Pieter

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
They have the most bizarre computer system. I don't see how anyone ever gets any work done. Michelle had to write her access code on a slip of paper so that Kim could do something; that's just nuts. Of course, it's all just for filler dialog and the occasional plot point, but still.

I don't recall Kim having to put any computer skills to the test in the past. Maybe she's an idiot savant :) The hair color is fine, the cut is not flattering.

The comments in this thread are a textbook illustration of why Hollywood remains fixated on remakes and sequels and why there are so many similar shows on TV. A large part of the audience wants what they already know; they want the familiar and the repetitious.
That deserves to be repeated.

//Ken

Jeffrey_Scotts

Stunt Coordinator
Kim's job had nothing to do with Computer Science. Perhaps she went to Devry, but three years ago she was a nanny with no sense of logic. Now she's an IT person working in an important job at a federal agency? That's just not believable. Not with the level of responsibility she appeared to have. At best she could be their receptionist.
Exactly my point, the writing on this show is just LAZY and is getting worse. I really believe they did not tie up several loose ends and just having Nina leave last season that way and not show up to complete the circle of events is just plain bad writing. It's also obvious that many people don't begin to even remotely comprehend what it would take to work at a place like the CTU. You would need at the least a BA or Masters in Computer Science, graduate with a 3.5-4.0 grade average (on a 4 point scale), have honors, a complete mental evaluation, etc.

They dumbed down the writing of the show BIG time last year with the President's cabinate writing being so far fetched, the ending being the evil oil company and many other tired and non imaginative writing that was too predictable. Bottom line is it looks like it's going the way of the X-Files after season 4 when they just lost all the build up and suspense they wrote in before hand. Unless this show really picks up and we know there will be some closure to past events then I will be watching or doing something better with my time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks